WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
If you own the original 62MAS or one of the reissue SLA 017, 037, 043, or Beams special edition I would love to see pics. Here’s my SLA043

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks great with the blue seconds hand against the blue dial. 👍

Reactions: Pun

·
Registered
Mostly Seiko
2,719 Posts
There is only one re-issue, the SLA017, (see other topic) the rest are recreations.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Strictly speaking the SLA017 isn't a true reissue either. It's bigger, has diashield, and loads of other small differences compared to the original.

Seiko treats all of these watches with the same shape as SLA017 as reissues in their marketing (they use the word 復刻 on all of them which means reissue).

The re-imaginings/re-interpretations are the cheaper SBDC ones which are called 現代デザイン or modern design. It's meaningful to be able to distinguish between the SLAs and these ones.

I have the 43 and the beams edition and I'm still not sure which I like better. They're both great! Wearing the 43 today.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the big question now is will there ever be another one?

If they do make more reissues/new colors I hope they decide to drop DIVER'S from the dial over adding a 3 o'clock lume pip.
They definitely will release a new one, but if they’re sticking with the new steel, which I hope they do, then I can only hope they put out a really solid Ever-Brilliant Steel bracelet!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Agreed! Alternatively it’s no date or 9 o clock date. Have to pick your poison although no date would be cool but unlikely.

Would be interesting to see how people view the Seikos with no 3 o clock lume a few years from now.

I think the big question now is will there ever be another one?

If they do make more reissues/new colors I hope they decide to drop DIVER'S from the dial over adding a 3 o'clock lume pip.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts