WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a bulova I picked up over the summer...needs a cleaning and buff....seems to work fine....the bracelot is a little 'blingy' for me, 10kgf,so I will have to get another strap,as I plan to wear it occasionally....good size for my wrist|>

Attachments

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
If there is a mechanical movement inside, it too will need a clean.

Any pics of the insides?

I believe Bulovas to be one of the more interesting affordable vintage collectables. They have variety and every piece attempted to be good for it's time.

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
It's a mechanical, and part of the charm of this is the bracelet. Strap is okay, too.
Hard for a lot of U.S. guys to wear gold watches like these days (not fashionable here as it is in other countries), but this is pretty swell.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thks for the comments, and hello eeeb and mrsnak...attached is a picture of the movement ,11AOCD....I am always amazed at how a picture captures ' the dirtiness' of the watch case....the picture is accurate,as far as,the watch case needs a good clean,however,the movement is pristine in appearance.....as far as, the bracelot mrsnak,I do like it and don't shy away from wearing them,it's just that I thought this watch is a little 'too conservative 'for the strap...I'll have to rethink this:-s

Attachments

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
thks for the comments, and hello eeeb and mrsnak...attached is a picture of the movement ,11AOCD....I am always amazed at how a picture captures ' the dirtiness' of the watch case....the picture is accurate,as far as,the watch case needs a good clean,however,the movement is pristine in appearance.....as far as, the bracelot mrsnak,I do like it and don't shy away from wearing them,it's just that I thought this watch is a little 'too conservative 'for the strap...I'll have to rethink this:-s
Pretty clean movement considering. Great catch. That bracelet is funky cool, but it would also look really good in brown leather. I had a couple cushion case gold Bulovas from that era on strap and they looked great. Accutron buckles are out there, too if you really want to finish it.
The leather would be less wear on the lug insides, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts