WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a 1997 74000N with a white Ranger dial. I'm trying to figure out how many of this style were produced, but digging up production #s for the 74000N line seems impossible. Hoping someone has insight here...

Also - lume is pretty much non-existent. Is that standard for something from this time period?

17265468_443353929349725_3976372291339550720_n.jpg

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have the same Mini Ranger (black dial) circa 1998. As far as I know Tudor produces thousands of watches so most likely there are quite a few of these in the wild. However this particular model is not very common on the used market place. I hunted mine for about 1.5 years and in all that time I did not see more than 3-5 available online.

As for the lume, mine still works, it does not keep charge long though...my watch was mint when purchased, probably was rarely used. I really love mine, I have the original SS bracelet and it is so comfortable and well made. Also the Tudor ETA 2824-2 inside my watch is at +1-2 sec/day with amplitude over 280 and power reserve is spot on!!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
That's a tritium lume dial and tritium has a half life of a little over 12 years. If you do the math, you'll find that under the best of circumstances that dial lume is close to being kaput.

You'll never be able to come up with a decent number for the production of Prince Date's with that dial. It was one of many dial styles fitted to a very popular and high production watch. I'm under the impression that the Prince Date is still in production with very limited distribution in Hong Kong. It was not unusual for Tudor to do model roll outs that were limited to the China marketplace only.

I think you've chosen a very nice strap for yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts