WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I recently bought a new seiko with a 7S26 movement. The first few days seemed fine, but only yesterday I glanced down to check the time and realised that the watch was a massive 1 hr 13 minutes ahead of exact time. Any ideas as to why this might be? Also, are there any quick easy solutions to this problem or am I going to have to take it to a watch maker for regulation and the like?

Thanks in advance,
Hazchrono

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Reset the time and observe the watch's behavior over a couple of days, then get back to us. If your new watch is suddenly very fast, it is possible that it could be magnetized. make some observations over time and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I agree with Gabe. Make a point of wearing the watch for several days so that it gets wound up well and see from there.

There have been examples of the 7S26 movement settling down after a month or two.

Typically these guys run +10/20 secs fast (they seem to tend to run fast more than slow); although some have had these movements run within COSC specs.

I'd give it at least another 3-4 days and see how it is running.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Also, make sure it's fully wound before setting your 'start time'. With a move that big, I'm going with Isthmus' advice here, but just make sure you wind it fully.

To wind fully (as the movement does not wind thru the crown) hold the watch parallel to the ground and swing it in a circle about 18 inches in diameter. You should be making a revolution about once per second. Do this for around 6 minutes, and that should fully wind it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wound the watch as you instructed and have just set the time exactly (even back hacked the second hand for synchro) so now ill just wait and see. Meanwhile, could you tell me more about how a watch gets amgnetized and how this affects the accuracy?

Thanks,

Hazchrono

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NO WAY, something just isnt right. I only synchronised my watch 25 minutes ago and already it is 3 mins 38 secs fast. I have also seen the second hand literally overtake the one on one of my other watches which is running well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.