WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a Roman day wheel in my SKX007J, but the only wheels I can find are for the 7S26A movement. Perhaps someone would be able to tell me whether there'd be any problems using one of these in a brand-spanking-new SKX007?

Are all day wheels a universal size?

Thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Your spanking new SKX007J is also run by a 7S26 calibre, albeit of the C variant. The day wheels are interchangeable. Go right ahead and have the swap made! Enjoy your watch~

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads-up Greek, I asked the seller, but just got "it's for the model specified" as a reply. I suppose my only option would be to track down an SKX007K and swap them over.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Be sure to use the day wheel of the 4 o´clock version! 3- and 4 o´clock day wheels are different!
I don't think this is accurate. Dials can be crown position specific but movements including the day/date wheels are universal. I am open for correction if this is not true.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I don't think this is accurate. Dials can be crown position specific but movements including the day/date wheels are universal. I am open for correction if this is not true.
Day/date wheels for crown at 3.45 (SKX0xx) and 3 are different, a swap isn't possible.
Same story for the rare (in the 7s and derived) crown @ 4

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'll also confirm that the 3/3:45 wheels are not interchangeable. Also, I've seen several new NH36s (which come with 3:00 crown mvt spacers) and now a mini monster with 3:45 day wheels and correct 3:00 date wheels:

Gauge Measuring instrument Tool Auto part Speedometer

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I'll also confirm that the 3/3:45 wheels are not interchangeable. Also, I've seen several new NH36s (which come with 3:00 crown mvt spacers) and now a mini monster with 3:45 day wheels and correct 3:00 date wheels:

View attachment 2695250
Very well, I could have sworn my 7S36 movement sourced from the sales forum was out of a SNZG11, but this must be incorrect. Thanks Sub and MR Morgan for the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts