WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this today. It doesn't look like a travel clock because there is no stand. It's running like a charm. What's interesting is that the raised part of the caseback with a coin edge rotates the dial. What's the purpose of the rotation? Anyone know the model or know what company might have made this? Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't figure out how to open the caseback. When I unscrew the coin edge piece, it separates the dial and case from the Bakelite square piece.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the winder off, and the only thing preventing me from taking the back off is the set button, which doesn't thread out. It changes the hands either way I rotate. I am wondering if I need to unscrew the small screw at the base.

IMG_6863.JPG

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I got the winder off, and the only thing preventing me from taking the back off is the set button, which doesn't thread out. It changes the hands either way I rotate. I am wondering if I need to unscrew the small screw at the base.

View attachment 14315871
Good possibility!

·
Registered
638 Posts
From the very few vintage clocks I've seen the time set knob should just have a longish split shaft tube which is push fitted. It might simply be dirty, rusted, generally being stuck. Try to lube it first and gently lever it up using a pronged tool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts