WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
LOL, thats the thing isn't it, if retro 60s Diver styling is back, then we are all already 'on trend' and Amphibia are going to start to look very cool indeed.

I had to laugh that it's just an extra $1,200.00 for the steel bracelet!

I actually don't like the styling as much as the similar Amphibia.
I'm sure they are nicely made, but I don't think that if I was given one, I'd like it any better than my green dial Neptune!

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Not a fair comparison since it's based on an East German design with no ties to Vostok. Also, I've handled GO dress watches and if they're anything to go off of, then the diver should be manufactured to a level that Vostok can't even comprehend. That being said, from specs and photos it doesn't really feel like a $9000 watch. But who knows, German watch enthusiasts are quite loyal and may choose to ignore the price - just like how us Vostok fans choose to ignore the fact that we have a collection of essentially the same watch.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Yes, GO makes amazing watches, but I have seen this model today in flesh. Next to it there was Fifty Fathoms and I put my Vostok next to them :) The FF looked the best, despite its VERY simple finish (and highest cost). Next I would really put the Vostok, yes I know the difference to GO really, but this particular GO model just do not make it for me. It really looks generic, and the visual weight of the minute hand makes it looking somehow wrong (as a diver I understand the huge minute hand design - a-la Doxa, but 99.9% of the users are not going to dive with it I dare to speculate). Christobal already show Stowa with this dial, here an Anker (quite generic one from the 70-ties), picture found in uhrerbe.com - Anker Diver Nos Alte Herren Armbanduhr 70 ' Er J. Kal. Hpz170 Sehr Guter Gebr Zust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts