WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
I would say so based on your pictures. The clasp mechanism is consistent with Omega clasps from that era.
As long as you're comfortable about the rest of the watch.

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
Hard to tell - clasp insides appear to be made of SS with a gold release button. Would make sense to make a stronger clasp from SS. The rest of the bracelet, if stamped accordingly, should be 18kt.
I see nothing wrong with this combination because you never see the clasp when it is closed on the wrist.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hard to tell - clasp insides appear to be made of SS with a gold release button. Would make sense to make a stronger clasp from SS. The rest of the bracelet, if stamped accordingly, should be 18kt.
I see nothing wrong with this combination because you never see the clasp when it is closed on the wrist.
Thanks for the info., just wanted to make sure the watch was legit 18k. I haven't seen the SS clasp on the 18k solid watch before. Thought it might be a plate job or something.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
Thanks for the info., just wanted to make sure the watch was legit 18k. I haven't seen the SS clasp on the 18k solid watch before. Thought it might be a plate job or something.

Regards,

Mike
I haven't seen this particular example either, but from the pictures nothing looks wrong. You can never truly tell some of these less common examples until you have them in your hands.
Illusive answers from a seller are never a good thing, so I hope you did your best to have him/her try and clarify any issues you might have.
Love to see what the actual watch looks like :)
Always nice to see a gold watch not get melted down these days.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't seen this particular example either, but from the pictures nothing looks wrong. You can never truly tell some of these less common examples until you have them in your hands.
Illusive answers from a seller are never a good thing, so I hope you did your best to have him/her try and clarify any issues you might have.
Love to see what the actual watch looks like :)
Always nice to see a gold watch not get melted down these days.
Nice looking watch, but time ran out on me. The seller tells me it sold, but I didn't see the auction get executed?

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

There are some shots of the watch where the metal looked kind of white. But, I wasn't sure if it was due to reflections or maybe the plating looking worn. The above shot was the one that had me excited.

Aside from my uncertainties, I wasn't sure If I should buy it because I'm still not sure of the "masculine" quality/fashion statement of the watch. People now days seem to wear very large watches. I wouldn't be able to afford a big watch in all gold so I've been considering something like the constellation as a compromise.

Mike

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
The more modern Constellation, particularly in gold like this, is extremely popular in Asia, where tastes tend to be for more traditional sizes.
I like the 2 subdial configuration.

Thanks for sharing. Was a pleasure to try and help you out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.