WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As seen on page 57 of this week's Sunday Times magazine...At $99 I figured why not get a jump on at least ONE holiday gift....so then when I called to place the order,
the operator said there's also FREE two day shipping (which was NOT mentioned in the ad) so I took that as a sign & got me a Thanksgiving gift as well. Or to put it another way if you order it today you get it in two days.. get it? Two Day? Today!...ahh forget it...hope they still got the free shipping deal when you call & feel free to thank me later

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Did you really buy this? I don't want to put you down but in Ali Express you can at least see color photos from different angles.

Reactions: cortman

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Looks and feels like a 20k watch for only 99 bucks. Sounds like a knee slapping good time to me... :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wow the amount of almost-but-not-quite lies and misinformation in that ad is incredible. Also, love how it tries to play up the fact that they're made in China as a good thing. A cheap Chinese-made watch is coveted by collectors? A skeleton dial takes weeks? "Optical grade crystal"? Wow, just...wow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you really buy this? I don't want to put you down but in Ali Express you can at least see color photos from different angles.
Pretty much every watch, audio product kitchen doodad I ever bought thru AliBaba broke or died within the year and recourse with them is a begger joke than the product claims they make--BTW yes, I checked reviews etc but we both now how silly that now sounds. Meantime every Stuhrling I've gotten (all are 100% quartz free btw) are doing just fine--and in the event they're not, I got way more/faster recourse than I do with most anyone on Alibaba. Reason I got myself one was because for $99 (plus the free 2 days shipping) I can own a skeleton that'll let me decide if I really want to take the plunge on a skeleton(as in the Maurice Lacroix Squellete -- no I'm not comparing the two but they share enough skeleton fundamentals to let me get a "sense of skeleton" for just $99 ...in any case the original purchase was intended as a gift for a gearhead friend -- the gift to myself came about when I called to close the order, found out about the free 2 day and realized my always judgmental family (and assorted friends) made the perfect thanksgiving focus group re the Stuhrling equi skeleton I plan on wearing--in any case thanks for the comments

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Whats 99 bucks, not even a good night out.......Have fun with it, no hang over as well. All good :)

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Pretty much every watch, audio product kitchen doodad I ever bought thru AliBaba broke or died within the year and recourse with them is a begger joke than the product claims they make--BTW yes, I checked reviews etc but we both now how silly that now sounds. Meantime every Stuhrling I've gotten (all are 100% quartz free btw) are doing just fine--and in the event they're not, I got way more/faster recourse than I do with most anyone on Alibaba. Reason I got myself one was because for $99 (plus the free 2 days shipping) I can own a skeleton that'll let me decide if I really want to take the plunge on a skeleton(as in the Maurice Lacroix Squellete -- no I'm not comparing the two but they share enough skeleton fundamentals to let me get a "sense of skeleton" for just $99 ...in any case the original purchase was intended as a gift for a gearhead friend -- the gift to myself came about when I called to close the order, found out about the free 2 day and realized my always judgmental family (and assorted friends) made the perfect thanksgiving focus group re the Stuhrling equi skeleton I plan on wearing--in any case thanks for the comments
There's an AliExpress thread in this forum. You'll be amazed at what you can get for $99...

Reactions: Rista

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
I think the initial opening lines were different, but someone decided to change them before it went into print:

"Designed for Doctors.
Coveted by Collectors.
Ballyhooed with Bullsh*t.
Appalling in Appearance."

·
Registered
952 Posts
That's fair. This definitely isn't something I'd have gone for (the copywriting is beyond cheesy) but I hope you really enjoy it and get a good feel for skeleton dial watches- I'm one of the few it seems that doesn't hate that design.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts