WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to catch a pic of the TLC Mudman when it reaches 999:59:59. That would really stink because I would have to wait another 41 days<| Anyone out there have a pic of 999:59:59 or close to it? This is all I have so far.

The TLC getting tag-teamed by the Black Dawn brothers:)

·
Registered
627 Posts
If you have a camcorder it might be easier to video tape the last couple minutes. Then, with video editing software you can grab the exact frame you want and make it a photo... a lot simpler than trying to hit it with a camera's shutter.

- Chad

·
Registered
503 Posts
Wouldn't that be like....

Buying a postcard of sunset/sunrise at Everest instead of capturing it yourself?

:)

daniel
Singapore

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I got mine stopped at 999:59:57 before I sold it. I was like that when I mailed it so may still be there |>

It would seem that I'm not the only one that thought of this, I'm not as nutty as I thought.

·
Registered
898 Posts
This is a very nerdy thing to do and when I get a new Mudman I will also do it :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
please dont tell me that you guys do this with your cars ;)

(remember an episode of Married with children when Al was going to win a ned Dodge and he pinned the car up... and off course wife n the kids blew it for him...LOL)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
All you have to do is rip out the trimmer cap, solder in a replacement with a wider range of values. Massively overclock the watch so it counts to the desired time as quickly as possible. When it gets near to the right time, lower the frequency so it's ticking really slowly. That way you get a nice long time to set up and take the photo, and if you screw it up it won't be too long 'til you can try again.

It's almost too easy! b-)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Natornate, you are right...I've seen more than a few people post shots of their mudmen with the stopwatches maxed out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts