WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Timex Camper T41711

This well known american brand produces lots of military style watches, but this one is the most genuine current Timex. A genuine issue watch made for soldiers. Basic and unexpensive, no date, no WR, 34mm military case, with a simple but reliable quartz movement. Unfortunately, lumen is weak.

Youtube review: ‪TIMEX 41711 REVIEW‬‏ - YouTube

Two genuine basic military versions available: T41711 (brown), T18581 (black).

Model number: T41711
Case material: Plastic
Case diameter: 34 mm excl. crown
Case Thickness: 7 mm
Band width: 18-19 mm
Dial color: black
Luminous hands (low)
Movement: Quartz (TMX Philipines)
Water resistant depth: 3 ATM
Battery: Lithium 10-year battery life
Price: Less than 30 euros

Related links
Related links

=J. Crew Timex
=Timex Watch Vintage Commercial Videos
=The History of the REAL Timex Military Watch: Plastic, Disposable, And A Product Of The 1980s
= Timex online store
= Camper series / Timex modern originals Camper

·
Registered
944 Posts
not bad... I got the "oversized" camper in black 40mm, and some new weekenders as well. I'll post up pics this weekend.

·
Registered
Rolex GMT Master II, Omega Speedmast 9300, Tag Heuer Link Chrono, Shinola Bronze Monster
169 Posts
I had the version before this one when I was in the Army from 1985 to 1989. The watch cost me $12.00 at the clothing and sales store at Fort Benning. It lasted me for three years in the infantry until it finally broke. The version I had was not quartz. It was a mechanical wind up model and I wore it on a green nylon strap that had a cover to protect the face. I ended up replacing it with one of the first G-shocks. I do miss it though. It was what a military watch should be, bare bones and purely functional. I may have to get another.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If this Casio had luminous hands, would be the perfect military watch. You can't get more for less (17-19 euros).

Watch Analog watch Black Watch accessory Strap
MW-59-7BVDF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts