WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

As the above topic states I'm at a crossroads in terms of what to do next . I currently own a 2012 Submariner 116610ln. It is currently with Rolex Service Centre having a full polish etc done and I hope to have it back start of November. Since it has been away I have been wearing my other Divers in particular my seiko tuna. I have started to get the urge to sell my Sub and purchase the GMT Batman! Unfortunately I can't have both!!! I'm just wondering do you feel this would be a good move as I have several other divers and no gmt timepiece in my collection? Or should I be Looking at other Rolex models? P.s this will be my everyday watch for the foreseeable future so I really appreciate your help in advance to getting this right....

Thank You

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
The Batman is a pretty badass watch - you could certainly do worse. Personally, I would say a big yes. It's a little more fun than a Sub, a actual useful complication, and just plain gorgeous. But in the end, follow your initial gut.

Have you had a chance to try one on? I know it's a tough one to find these days, but sometimes in person it can either really wow you or totally be a let down. I just pulled the trigger on a Pepsi GMT, but I was considering a black ceramic GMT. Cheaper, newer, technically superior, and in pics, looked great. On my wrist though... my choice became very clear. Blah, blah, blah, do your best to handle one first.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Wait until your sub comes back looking brand new. I bet you will say to yourself," I am glad I didn't let that go" If you don't feel the love then give the BLNR a try.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wait until your sub comes back looking brand new. I bet you will say to yourself," I am glad I didn't let that go" If you don't feel the love then give the BLNR a try.
I actually think you are 100% right!!!! I think when I get the Sub back I won't want to let it go!!!!! Looks like I'm going to have to start saving

·
Banned
196 Posts
Hi guys,

As the above topic states I'm at a crossroads in terms of what to do next . I currently own a 2012 Submariner 116610ln. It is currently with Rolex Service Centre having a full polish etc done and I hope to have it back start of November. Since it has been away I have been wearing my other Divers in particular my seiko tuna. I have started to get the urge to sell my Sub and purchase the GMT Batman! Unfortunately I can't have both!!! I'm just wondering do you feel this would be a good move as I have several other divers and no gmt timepiece in my collection? Or should I be Looking at other Rolex models? P.s this will be my everyday watch for the foreseeable future so I really appreciate your help in advance to getting this right....

Thank You

DO NOT sell the sub! It is an iconic watch that makes almost every top 10 list of must own watches. It is the type of watch every watch guy should own. I had my chance years ago and I opted for another type of Rolex instead. I flipped that one, but I always had regrets about not buying the sub in the first place. Like the Omega Speedmaster, the Rolex Datejust, and a handful of others, the Rolex sub is a lifetime keeper. Keep the sub and hand it down to someone you love after you are done with it!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I agree with Maiden, but If you decide to sell it I'd also consider a 16710 or an SD4K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts