WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this old newspaper that I saved. Dated July 21st 1969.

Publication Font Signage Paper Wood

·
Registered
150 Posts
No Pro, but I do have the Triple Date and love it.
I wish it was the 40+mm case, but really prefer the Day/Date movement myself.
Watch Hand Analog watch Light Clock

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have been saving up $100 monthly since 2019 hoping to get one in the secondary market (3570.50)...i may need a few additional years.

·
Registered
270 Posts
that photo on the front page looks like the photos that get posted here under the 'I found a Patek in my uncles toolbox in his garage, is it real?' threads 🤣 🤣

·
Premium Member
10,488 Posts
Incredible. Thank you for sharing!

·
Premium Member
42,686 Posts
Very cool picture. Nice to see a paper that old still surviving.

Nice.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh, that is very cool!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I wish my wrist was substantial enough to support the Pro (tried one of the newest ones on and it looked like a dinner plate), because I really dig the look. Very cool post.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I wish my wrist was substantial enough to support the Pro (tried one of the newest ones on and it looked like a dinner plate), because I really dig the look. Very cool post.
Try the reduced Speedy 39mm or the Speedy Day/Date like mine which is also 39mm?
The MK40 looks just like the Pro with its black Tycy meter too, but has the Day/Date mvt. in it and is 39mm.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Try the reduced Speedy 39mm or the Speedy Day/Date like mine which is also 39mm?
The MK40 looks just like the Pro with its black Tycy meter too, but has the Day/Date mvt. in it and is 39mm.
In 2017 I bought a 1998 Reduced (w the DD module) that never quite scratched the itch. It also had some issues, so I sold it only a few months after. Maybe I will look at one of the other auto Speedies tho.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here's a Speedy with some old LIFE mags. Found a pile of these, very interesting to see articles and ads from that time period. Unfortunately, all '68 & 69 and none for the Apollo 15th ('71) to keep this Speedy company...
Automotive tire Astronaut Font Eyewear Asphalt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts