WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have looked all over the net for some information about this pocket watch. the only info i could come up with is louis bolle. can anyone give me any additional information about this watch. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
It looks to be prior to 1920 from the dial, but we need a picture of the movement to identify it if we can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry, lot 80 is the watch. i must have gone too far. does a. bolle have anything to do with louis bolle? thanks

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
sorry, lot 80 is the watch. i must have gone too far. does a. bolle have anything to do with louis bolle? thanks

I know nothing about A.Bolle.

Louis Bolle is a brand name - one of many - of the Chinese company Always at Market.

See:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/339873/the_truth_about_auction_offbrand_luxury.html

They purport to have a Swiss heritage - but they are a recent Chinese brand who produce pretty, but unexceptional, watches. Read the link!

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,023 Posts
Well, that certainly looks more like it was made in Switzerland than in the far east. Probably true about the Swiss roots if the company is one and the same. Movement looks like one of the higher class Swiss calibres from around the turn of the century (19th, that is!).

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Looks like a Chaux de Fonds style Swiss movement popular between 1870 and 1895. A nice antique and thanks for posting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts