WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've only been a member of this forum for about a month and its been a great experience learning so much about g-shocks. I recently received a watch display case, courtesy of ebay, and i wanted to show off a few things i've collected over the past month.

here is an overview of all the watches in my collection. All the watches on the bottom row i already had before joining this forum. All the g-shocks were purchased afterwards! This forum really is addicting! The last empty spot on the bottom will be for my new gd-100 in white that i purchased from amazon a few days ago.

G7900. This was my first g-shock that i purchased from a member on here. Since then, I have done a negative display mod on it. It makes the tide graph a little hard to read, but it does not mean its not possible.

G300ML and a GLX5600-4. I purchased the g300 from a forum member here and was my second purchase. It is also my girlfriend's favorite g-shock that i own. The glx was purchased from a vw gti forum. i only joined their forum so i could buy the watch from the dude haha. At first, I was not too fond of the square g-shocks, but after wearing one, I find it very comfortable.

DW6500 "Skyforce". This was the 4th G-shock i acquired. I got it from ebay for an amazingly great deal! under 20 dollars. I put in some new batteries and it runs like a champ. It does run a little faster than my other gs though.

gw9200 "Riseman". My latest acquisition. I purchased this from amazon for an amazing price brand new. My first solar/atomic g-shock. I had a bit of trouble trying to sync it, but after its all done, its great! Just like the Ronco Rotisserie, "Set it and Forget it!"

Of course, I'll be getting a gd-100 soon. Im planning on modding the color of the lettering to orange. like so:

anyways, thanks for checking out my thread! GO SHARKS!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Great collection!

I'll be wearing my GW-6900 during game 7 in an hour or so. Good luck SJ! (I grew up in the bay area)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hello fellow giants fan! Cool collection you have! Really like your skyforce! Really can't beat that deal.

Really want the sharks to win this series. Hope the torture is over!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Nice collection! Could you post a pic of the 7900 with the EL off? I was contemplating doing that to my white one, but wasn't sure how much of the display I would lose. The EL is pretty cool looking!

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Nice collection!

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Nice collection, and I have to say I could have been in your shoes if I hadn't invested in something else this past month :-d Also cool to know the story behind each G-Shock you acquired.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Beware when you mod the colour text as the surface of the bezel is glossy which I believe a glossy paint was applied. Since probably you may use paint thinner to clean the paint that is outside the text, you may also wipe the glossy paint away. Do keep us posted.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOOO! Sharks won tonight! Gonna be a great series with Canucks.

@stonehart i really like the red gloss on it too. The band has some type of "pin striping" that makes it look pretty cool instead of a plain red band. Its very comfortable on my wrist too.

@tsip here is a photo i just took with the EL off. as you can see, it makes the tide graph a little hard to see. However, if you know the general shape of graph, you can make it out.

@ sunshineboy i bought some goof off in a can. do you think that would be able to remove their stock paint? i was just going to use some type of nail polish to paint it back in.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oops, double post.

thanks for everyone who checked out my thread :-!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
An update to my collection. June 2011.

Hey all, Ive updated few watches in my watch box recently. My red G-Lide 5600 is gone to one of my coworkers who was eyeing my red watch. i hope to replace it with a red gdf-100 soon. Anyways, the new watches Ive gained in my collection are a couple of gd-100s and a g7800.

ive done a few mods on them...

first is my "new to me" g7800. i bought this watch because i thought it wasnt really like other gshock watches. its kind of like a modern 5600. i was kind of hoping for the all black version, but i got this one for a really good deal.

next up are my two modded watches...

the white gd100 was my first gd. i loved how the watch looked, but the blue and orange module was very clashy clashy. originally i had planned to change the color of the blue lettering to orange, only to find out that the buttons are blue too. I ended up getting a used gd-100b from ebay for a great price and was going to swap the innards w/buttons, but eventually only swapped the modules. i think the black with blue backlight looks great with the white and blue. on the other side, the black bezel got an orange nail polish face lift along with the orange module. I call it the SF Giants mod :-d. anyways...onto the pictures..

thanks for checking out my new watches =D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts