WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 18 months of not owning a Sinn (sold the 6000) things are finally as they should againg :) . The 756 DIAPAL is something extra. Some pic's for you below.

/Stefan

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Those are the best pictures I have seen of the anthracite dial. Very nice. Very different. Stefan, that last pic is true art. Thanks a bunch.

If you find the time, could you drop a few words on this model. I find it very intriguing. I'm not to enamoured with the utc hand. Hope it is truly hidden by the hour hand when set under it.

thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
97 Posts
Great photos, they really capture the essence of the watch. As cool as it is you will find the Diapal grows on you with time. You will also find that it garners lots of complements.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are the best pictures I have seen of the anthracite dial. Very nice. Very different. Stefan, that last pic is true art. Thanks a bunch.

If you find the time, could you drop a few words on this model. I find it very intriguing. I'm not to enamoured with the utc hand. Hope it is truly hidden by the hour hand when set under it.

thanks,
Tim
Thanks for the nice words Tim. Some words on this watch:

I have missed my 6000 ever since I sold about 1,5 year ago, and then especially the bracelet which was smooth as a dream. However the 6000 was too small (38,5mm), too fat (16,5mm) and the bracelet was too shiny (even though the scratches quickly made it "brushed").

The 756 DIAPAL is perfect in size (40mm/13,4mm), has easy to read chronograph sub-dials (a good thing when you are approaching 40), has double sided AR coating and finally the nicely brushed case and bracelet is hardened (Tegimented) which makes it scratchproof.

When not is use, the 2nd hour hand hide completely behind the main one.And they move cleanly together as one. When setting the second hour hand, it moves cleanly in 1 hour steps.
I have been told that the Sinn factory can replace the white second hour hand with the yellow one from the 756 UTC. I think the original hand gives enough contrast but, apart from adding contrast, a yellow one would look guite cool.

/Stefan

·
Registered
449 Posts
Nice pictures indeed ...
The diapal is unfortunately a little underrated due to its limited exposure...

Now, I need to find that for sale ad for this...

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Thanks so much for your report Stefan!!:-!

I think I prefer the white utc hand if I have to have one at all. I really can't find much fault in this at all except maybe a personal issue dealing with size. I feel that the 44mm size is perfect for my 7.5 inch wrist but it's a good size for a pilot style watch. I can live with a 40mm. It's a very nice watch and being a techie, I really am intrigued with the diapal tech.

Once again, great pics!!

cheers,
Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts