WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Very nice! Those who know me around here on WUS know I have a bit of a thing for vintage digital watches. Nice to see you appreciate them too!

~Sherry.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I'm really partial to those old Casio pseudo-analogues, so that AE-9W has got to be my favourite one of your collection, Beany Bot. I'd love to have one myself, but I've seen them in person and they're just too small, and I only buy watches to wear.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Exactly! And I've found that with watches, I just can't go back to smaller models once I start wearing something bigger. Ever since I've got a DW-5600, I hardly wear my W-741 because it feels too small. My MTD-1043 Submariner hommage used to be my biggest watch but I've since got an AMW-320 on a bracelet and I keep gravitating towards it - you get the idea. I keep wishing for Casio to reissue the classic in a slightly larger format, and now that they've put out those XL G-shocks, I've really got my hopes up ...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to say I don't have a problem swapping between the two sizes. I often swap my prw5000 out with my f91w, if I'm doing something where it's likely to get scratched. The mass difference doesn't bother me.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
409 Posts
Really nice vintage digitals. Absolutely love that Casio marlin.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm really partial to those old Casio pseudo-analogues, so that AE-9W has got to be my favourite one of your collection, Beany Bot. I'd love to have one myself, but I've seen them in person and they're just too small, and I only buy watches to wear.
I have it on today, doesn't look too bad on my daft little wrists.

Watch Wrist Technology Hand Watch accessory

Watch Watch accessory Wrist Technology Strap

·
Registered
767 Posts
I agree, it looks fine on you, and I guess if you just put it on in the morning and go, it wouldn't be a problem. However, here's what would happen if I were you: I'd be trying on a few watches in front of the mirror to see which one goes best with what I'm wearing - and my general mood I suppose. I'd be switching back and forth between them and every time I'd put one of the smaller ones, it would seem to look more ridiculous on my wrist until I'd have no doubt that I have to go with the bigger one. Happens every time.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I know what you mean, after trying on a weighty steel mechanical it feels really daft, however you just have to say, yup, I'm going to rock the wee casio today!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have it on today, doesn't look too bad on my daft little wrists.

View attachment 1473730

View attachment 1473733
I have an AE-11W. We have been through a lot together over the years. The original strap is long gone. It has acquired some patina. Back in grad school, just for kicks, I calibrated it against an ovenized quartz precision oscillator reference. Good to a second or two/month at room temp. Such a useful watch!

If it could talk...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts