WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the best way to buy this brand? I like the dimension of the 54

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
The FiftyFour is probably in the prototype stage at my best guess. The rep from Legend Watch in China sent me the above image with 3 words "This coming soon."

The 6105 Seiko case clones are the Sharkey Apocalypse watches sold by several different Chinese online vendors.

These images again came from the Legend Watch Co. rep - Sophy - a Chinese woman who contacts me via What's App. She asked me questions to get an American's take on watch options.

I think the yellow dial was a home run, too. Being an Orange dial watch nut...I'd go orange nearly every time if given the choice. Only Florida has more Oranges than me.

Neither of these two are available AFAIK, yet. Probably in a month or two. The Sharkey in stainless is out there with several logo variants. I got mine through Legend on eBay.

·
Registered
12,845 Posts
I don't mind buying them if they become available on ebay. Like parnis, I just don't want to do some half pre order thing. And tell them Americans don't want to buy through ghetto rigging Tao bao with Google translate.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't mind buying them if they become available on ebay. Like parnis, I just don't want to do some half pre order thing. And tell them Americans don't want to buy through ghetto rigging Tao bao with Google translate.
I agree. I will totally buy that 62mas homage if there is a way to do so where it doesn't feel like I'm getting scammed.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Regarding the quality of these - sure, people may question if it is a little dodgy coming from China but at the same time an awful lot of very well made micro-brands are made in China. These watches could be being made in one of those factories and be very good.

The "FiftyFour" 62MAS homage looks a nice watch but they REALLY need to ditch the stupid 19mm lug width. It may be true to the original - I don't know, but they are not on to a winner unless they increase it to 20mm IMO.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
62 mas version looks interesting. I agree with the methods about how these watches are purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
As the OP I will say again the first line...not a lot more out there on these. Everything that "Sophy" , the Legend Watch Co. Rep sent me is here. And I have no affiliation with this company.

Looking again at the triple pic shot and zooming in on the green dial...I swear I can make our the Seiko logo on it.

As far as quality goes? Hit or miss sometimes. I did buy a stainless Sharkey Apocalypse and it it still running quite well. One week of being dunked in the Atlantic Ocean in July and next month a week of Pacific Ocean wetness. Best $150 homage I've bought so far.

These pics are not complete watches...just a case and several dial options.

Not sure how they plan on branding and marketing them either. Not Sharkey's apparently...no shark logos evident.

AFAIK, these will be sold based on post production...not that pre-order style that some micro brands offer these days. Especially, if they retail under or around two bills.

Most likely, San Marino, Legend, Merkur, bjbjcs, and a few others will offer these at varying prices on eBay, Tao Bao, and other online sales venues.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Agree with MadMex. The Sharkey 62mas will not come even close to the quality of the MWW. But the 62MWW is sold out.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Definitely will keep an eye on that 62MAS homage since I was dumb and missed the MWW one, but the "Fifty Four" text has to go as does the 19mm lugs. Thankfully there will probably be a handful of different versions from different "brands".

1 - 20 of 202 Posts