WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I was hoping to bring three watches together at the same time, before putting the whole 'new watch' thing to bed for a while, but, as we know, the Omega will take a bit of time to come back into play. I have, however, now received the last watch that I will be buying this year, so I thought I'd share a couple of gems, today.

First up, the Longines Conquest VHP, perpetual calendar. Finally! The band is a tad on the snug side but it's ok, so I won't be looking for spare links just yet. I set it to time.is, this morning, and it's within 0.01 seconds. Will keep track quite closely, over the next few weeks, to see if it needs tweaking.
Conquest VHP.jpg

Then there's the star of the show: a Citizen Exceed with E510 movement! I received this last week from a seller who clearly didn't know what a gem he had! The madman let it go for a song, and now I am the proud owner of a solar-powered, perpetual calendar, IAHH, 10 SPY, TC HAQ!
Exceed E510.jpg

Now I just need a quick, simple and inexpensive way to time all these darned things. I was kinda ok with timing the older twin quartz etc. once a month or so, but these newer acquisitions deserve closer observation and stopwatching is starting to take up quite a time.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Congrats on two nice looking and 'exceedingly' practical pieces!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Congratulations |>...
.... I have, however, now received the last watch that I will be buying this year, ...
... the year virtually just started, so who would believe that, Tom? ;-)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The year is five months and nineteen watches old. I ran out of wrists in January and now I have got a couple of pieces that really deserve some attention. There's just no appetite (or room) for any more, this year (unless anyone sees a Crystron 4 Mega for sale).

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
​One of the (many) features of the E510 movement in the Exceed that I had (exactly like yours) was the exceptionally good alignment between the second hand and the minute markers. I've read of other E510 movements with the same behavior and I wonder if yours has it too? While we're at it, how is the alignment on the Longines?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
​One of the (many) features of the E510 movement in the Exceed that I had (exactly like yours) was the exceptionally good alignment between the second hand and the minute markers. I've read of other E510 movements with the same behavior and I wonder if yours has it too? While we're at it, how is the alignment on the Longines?
What impresses me about the E510 is how technically sophisticated it is, compared to the top-end Citizen HAQs (or many other HAQs for that matter). Apart from absolute accuracy and the ability to be recalibrated, it's better in every way. Every E510 reported here has had just about perfect second hand sync; the drive by wire crown is spectacular; hacking is so easy, as the watch sets itself to an exact minute when you pull the crown; and hour hand adjustment is separate from the crown, so no danger of stopping the watch. What a shame that they dropped this calibre and didn't put all that tech into the expensive models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts