WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that a near future road trip I planned with some friends will likely be canceled I can splurge a bit more for a watch and I really liked some pics of the G-2 I saw posted in the forum. Just a couple questions. First, how long will the G-2 be in production/available? Second, from what I understand, the PVD option adds $100 to the regular price of the G-2 to a total of $549?

Thanks,

Joshua

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Josh- the g-2 is a great value, you can read several threads on that- I do not berleive there are anymore PVD models available- Mitch usually makes like 4-5 and I think they are gone

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
That is true. PVD models are gone. There is no plan to discontinue the G-2 or any other model at this point.

Mitch

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thank you for the response. I just wanted to be sure about availability since a couple other models have been discontinued already. That's also why I wanted to check about PVD since I didn't know if it was limited or just an option. Looks good, I'll probably order one in a couple months. Thanks again.

Joshua

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The G-2 is a lot of watch for the money and I dont think you will find another that is built as well and with a bracelet that is used on the LM-3 and will be used with the LM-6 also.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wasn't that impressed with the first pics I saw on the website but after seeing much better pics it looks really nice. I really like the blue dial on the LM-3 but I don't mind owning a quartz G-2 as my next watch will most likely be a Stowa Antea which will be my everyday watch. (So I won't have to reset the G-2 every time I wear it) With the G-2 being a more rugged outdoor/swimming watch. Later I'll get a Casio Pathfinder for situations where I don't want to beat up the G-2 like spelunking and such.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I am really happy with my G-2. I am a quartzer also, simply because I hate re-setting watches. I have it in PVD and its a TANK.....nothing I love more than picking it up and having it tell the correct time! I just strap it on and go.

Also one of the best bracelets in the biz at any price IMHO.......value-wise I dont see how you can do better.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts