WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently acquired a 7548 thinking i can revive it with a new battery. but my watchmaker told me not to waste time/money as the coil block already damaged by the previous owner.

can you see the "cut" across the coil block? dammit!:-|

it is a nice rustic looking quartz diver from 1979 but got to get it fixed.

now waiting for a compatible 7546 from ttsugar.:roll:

Attachments

·
Banned
2,084 Posts
Hey Kohym,

Good to see you here mate!

Ooh the 7548 and a bad coil...Well my friend, all is not lost as these coils can be found I think by some aftermarket and OEM parts houses sometimes, places like (Jules Borel and Otto Frey) and others. I think there are a few parts houses there in Singapore and also in Malaysia as well that possibly might be able to help you.

If you have no luck, then yes try to source another 7548 movement or parts movement, and yes the 7546 will also be the same fitting part.

I think you could also have it fixed by a great quartz watchmaker in the USA in Jacksonville, Florida, at (Golden Isle watch restoration) named "Ken Setser".

He usually might have some coils and spare parts for these 7548 quartz divers, and he's very good with fixing & service of these models, so you might want to contact him for some helpful info.
His email is:
[email protected]
or
[email protected]

Cheers my friend,
Jim
Poseidon-Jim

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
That's what I love about my boy Jimmy...he really knows his stuff!

Hey Kohym...how's the family...and the white Knight?

Angelis

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Kohym,

Good to see you here mate!

Ooh the 7548 and a bad coil...Well my friend, all is not lost as these coils can be found I think by some aftermarket and OEM parts houses sometimes, places like (Jules Borel and Otto Frey) and others. I think there are a few parts houses there in Singapore and also in Malaysia as well that possibly might be able to help you.

If you have no luck, then yes try to source another 7548 movement or parts movement, and yes the 7546 will also be the same fitting part.

I think you could also have it fixed by a great quartz watchmaker in the USA in Jacksonville, Florida, at (Golden Isle watch restoration) named "Ken Setser".

He usually might have some coils and spare parts for these 7548 quartz divers, and he's very good with fixing & service of these models, so you might want to contact him for some helpful info.
His email is:
[email protected]
or
[email protected]

Cheers my friend,
Jim
Poseidon-Jim
Singapore i have exhausted the sources but in vain.

Looks like I will be gettin touch with Ken Setser and see how it goes.

Thanks mate for the tip:-!

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I love about my boy Jimmy...he really knows his stuff!

Hey Kohym...how's the family...and the white Knight?

Angelis
The family is good. :thanks

You saw my FS ad on the WK, did you?;-)

Well, the WK sat in my watch box since day1. Still unable to warm up to her since 2008, so this morning she left for the USA.:-(

Integrated lugs really not my cuppa :-d

·
Banned
2,084 Posts
Hi Angelis,

Good to see you Sir & thanks for the nice words. I only try to help those in need the best I can.
Nice Knights you have been showing too Sir, you have me just about getting 1 or 2, and then I hate to think of whats next. Monsters? lol, I'll have one soon I'm sure thanks to your post.

Cheers-Jim

·
Banned
2,084 Posts
No problem my friend,

Ken will treat you very good, and I'm also looking for some spare parts for you in case.

You could email and try to see if (Jose Sotto) aka watchcooking on ebay might have any of these 7548 coils, he usually always has stuff.
his email: [email protected]

Thanks,
Jimmy

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Hi Angelis,

Good to see you Sir & thanks for the nice words. I only try to help those in need the best I can.
Nice Knights you have been showing too Sir, you have me just about getting 1 or 2, and then I hate to think of whats next. Monsters? lol, I'll have one soon I'm sure thanks to your post.

Cheers-Jim
Jimmy...wasssup!

We all know you're great expertise with particlular watches. Can't wait for you to start selling some of your goodies!

Angelis:-!

·
Banned
2,084 Posts
Hey my brother Angelo,

lol, when I get some goodies out of the box I just might decide to sell a few, so you better keep a very sharp & keen eye out my friend!

haha,
Thanks Angelis
Jimmy

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problem my friend,

Ken will treat you very good, and I'm also looking for some spare parts for you in case.

You could email and try to see if (Jose Sotto) aka watchcooking on ebay might have any of these 7548 coils, he usually always has stuff.
his email: [email protected]

Thanks,
Jimmy
haha, thanks mate.

well, the problem may not just lie with the coil although that is the most visible obvious damage. who knows what has gone bonkers in those electronic components and circuitry!:-d

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Hey my brother Angelo,

lol, when I get some goodies out of the box I just might decide to sell a few, so you better keep a very sharp & keen eye out my friend!

haha,
Thanks Angelis
Jimmy
Trust me, I have gotten a window into how you baby and take great care of your watches! Count me in.

Angelis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts