WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While on vacation I popped into a nice jeweler that sold all the popular high end watches. Initially I tried on quiet a few Tudors and then took a peek at their Omega selection. I focused my attention on their 45mm POs on bracelets and SM 300s. The salesman cut to the chase and was up front about the PO being an old model (matte ceramic bezel with the deployment clasp that doesn’t have the push button extension) and was happy to discount it. I have a small wrist (5 1/2 links came
off) and the 45mm feels great.

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Nice catch , how much $$$ we are talking about ?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I bet you got a great deal! If you do end up wanting the adjustable clasp, here's the one I went with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you mind sharing where you got the clasp and how much you paid? I just purchased a bracelet for my 45.5mm PO and was looking to get the new clasp

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice watch! I prefer that model of PO to the newer generation. You can purchase the adjustable clasp separately from Omega if you like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The salesman mentioned the same thing and showed me the current model with the “shiny” bezel. I think it would be hard to see in direct sunlight but then again idk how many times I would use it outside.. I appreciate all the kind words! It was a smooth transaction and it helped that I could physically see the Tudors (pelagos and black bay) and compare them to the Omegas (SM 300M and PO). The salesman was relectuant to sell it on a Nato as he thought it would be too heavy for a strap but that’s my next mod. I’ll look into the rubber strap (BC) with updated deployment clasp that was recently discussed. Now I have to go break an ADs heart to get my deposit on a Pelagos back..

·
Registered
536 Posts
Awesome watch and nice work on the discount! 45mm would be too big for my wrist unfortunately.. leaning more towards a 39,5 variant in the FAR future haha.. Wear it in good health :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome watch and nice work on the discount! 45mm would be too big for my wrist unfortunately.. leaning more towards a 39,5 variant in the FAR future haha.. Wear it in good health :)
I think the PO is more appealing in the larger sizes 43.5mm and 45.5mm. I have a small wrist and the curved lugs + curved 1st link help it sit flush on my wrist. The SM300 looks great at its size and I don’t think it would appeal to me if it were as large as my PO. Suppose my taste is weird..

·
Registered
491 Posts
Do you mind sharing where you got the clasp and how much you paid? I just purchased a bracelet for my 45.5mm PO and was looking to get the new clasp
I got it from an Omega Botique (Dallas, TX Northpark). I believe it was like $115. The salesman there was very helpful, he told me he'd seen people talking about the clasp swap here on WUS but that he hadn't had any customers do the swap yet. I'm not sure if he charged me full price.

Any AD or OB should be able to order.

·
Premium Member
9,236 Posts
That is a great model, and one of my favorites. In spite it's 45mm case size, I found it amazingly comfortable when I tried it on. Congratulations!
Carl

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got it from an Omega Botique (Dallas, TX Northpark). I believe it was like $115. The salesman there was very helpful, he told me he'd seen people talking about the clasp swap here on WUS but that he hadn't had any customers do the swap yet. I'm not sure if he charged me full price.

Any AD or OB should be able to order.

Awesome! thank you so much for the info

1 - 14 of 14 Posts