WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally i wasn't going to post pictures of my m177s since i saw there were so many pictures already up. Then i noticed they all had white faces and leather straps. Mine has a black face and came on a steel bracelet. So i thought i'd throw some pictures on.

These are photos of my m177s it was a gift from my wonderful wife on Christmas 2008. A couple month ago one of the numbers fell off so i sent it to Tianjin and they fixed that but bent the minute hand so that it got stuck on the markers so we sent it back after Chinese new year and i just got it back yesterday :D

I've been wearing vintage (34-35mm width) watches for the past month so when i first put it on it seemed really big even though it's not really by modern standards :-d

Attachments

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Originally i wasn't going to post pictures of my m177s since i saw there were so many pictures already up. Then i noticed they all had white faces and leather straps. Mine has a black face and came on a steel bracelet. So i thought i'd throw some pictures on.

These are photos of my m177s it was a gift from my wonderful wife on Christmas 2008. A couple month ago one of the numbers fell off so i sent it to Tianjin and they fixed that but bent the minute hand so that it got stuck on the markers so we sent it back after Chinese new year and i just got it back yesterday :D

I've been wearing vintage (34-35mm width) watches for the past month so when i first put it on it seemed really big even though it's not really by modern standards :-d
Very nice variation with that black dial! Also I noticed your seconds hand is the straight ended one. There are a few odd ones (like mine) with the circle at the end! haha...

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Thanks for posting!

The black dialed M177s looks sweet! And I like the bracelet but I find those clasps a hit or miss for the right fit.

What is written around the case back? I can barely make out 'GHOUP SALES'. What does that mean?

cheers,
gigfy

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for posting!

The black dialed M177s looks sweet! And I like the bracelet but I find those clasps a hit or miss for the right fit.

What is written around the case back? I can barely make out 'GHOUP SALES'. What does that mean?

cheers,
gigfy
hehe it says TIANJIN SEA-GULL WATCH GHOUP SALES CO. LTD. WATER RESISTANT 3ATM

they needed to check the spelling on their stamp :D

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no writing on my rotor.

when we got it, at a big department store in qingdao, they almost wouldn't sell it because they couldn't find the manager and they said it had been in the display for a long time (a couple years) and they hadn't adjusted the prices in that time (they thought the price should be higher). so i guess it could be a really early model.

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,169 Posts
Very nice to see. I'd noticed the black faced M177Ss on Taobao. Great looking watch!

·
Registered
902 Posts
hehe it says TIANJIN SEA-GULL WATCH GHOUP SALES CO. LTD. WATER RESISTANT 3ATM

they needed to check the spelling on their stamp :D
Check the spelling - why? This is when you get the rare models, mis-spellings and mis-prints are rare (maybe not in Chine though :think:)

no writing on my rotor.

when we got it, at a big department store in qingdao, they almost wouldn't sell it because they couldn't find the manager and they said it had been in the display for a long time (a couple years) and they hadn't adjusted the prices in that time (they thought the price should be higher). so i guess it could be a really early model.
Been there a few years - best argument to push the price down.

Good looking M177! :-!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well it was one of the places you can't bargain (rare i know) they keep pushing me toward a slightly cheaper quartz or a slightly more expensive orient never seen a store not want to sell stock like that in my life. but it was already priced pretty well. even now you can't find any on a bracelet on taobao for the price and only 1 or 2 on a strap for a similar price even thought they have come down in price since they are an older model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts