WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case anyone hasn't already seen this. Almost finished. 350 pages of face melting history. Doing the final review on the preview copy. Corrections, adding page numbers etc. Final book will have a slightly different back cover image with the Star and Stylized Aquastar wording.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought the book was done but added another chapter and some more pages. Chapter is "out of this world" literally........ and well worth waiting for. Got the print quotes and it looks like 4 weeks from order to delivery.

Doing final review on iPad. And before anyone asks, it wont be available as a download.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Book is now finished. here is the final table of contents.
View attachment 15534048
This is looking amazing, Doc! Since our last communication, this has grown wings and taken off! Congrats on this wonderful piece of not just tool watch history, but diving history. Can't wait to have a copy in my hands!

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
I would be very interested to purchase it, please let me know when it is available

·
Registered
58 Posts
I thought the book was done but added another chapter and some more pages. Chapter is "out of this world" literally........ and well worth waiting for. Got the print quotes and it looks like 4 weeks from order to delivery.

Doing final review on iPad. And before anyone asks, it wont be available as a download.
View attachment 15573413 View attachment 15573414 View attachment 15573415 View attachment 15573416 View attachment 15573417
Would love to get a message when and where this would be available. Looks amazing!

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys, here is an update on the Aquastar book with some quick and dirty pics. Obviously the world slowed down over Christmas and the New Year. Then there was an error with embedding fonts but today I get the proof copy back from the printers. I went for the most expensive printing option and it shows. Thicker glossy paper which just makes the colors pop. I'm very pleased how it turned out except for a couple of things. One, my fault. The printer needs a bleed margin so I made the manuscript slightly oversized. Unfortunately it was a little bit too big so some pages have a very small white border. But it is an easy fix. I'll resize and can get the revision back to them on Monday.

The other thing I'm not sure what to do. Some of the images which have a very high black content have blotched areas. It is especially true on dial shots. Look at the image for An Aquastar is Reborn. Look at the black dial Deepstar. On the original image there is a very slight gradient in the colour but it is amplified in the printing. Not sure what to do. May have to replace the image, but no guarantee it won't be the same with a similar image.

Going through the proof page by page now.

Keep you posted, but we are close.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Guys, here is an update on the Aquastar book with some quick and dirty pics. Obviously the world slowed down over Christmas and the New Year. Then there was an error with embedding fonts but today I get the proof copy back from the printers. I went for the most expensive printing option and it shows. Thicker glossy paper which just makes the colors pop. I'm very pleased how it turned out except for a couple of things. One, my fault. The printer needs a bleed margin so I made the manuscript slightly oversized. Unfortunately it was a little bit too big so some pages have a very small white border. But it is an easy fix. I'll resize and can get the revision back to them on Monday.

The other thing I'm not sure what to do. Some of the images which have a very high black content have blotched areas. It is especially true on dial shots. Look at the image for An Aquastar is Reborn. Look at the black dial Deepstar. On the original image there is a very slight gradient in the colour but it is amplified in the printing. Not sure what to do. May have to replace the image, but no guarantee it won't be the same with a similar image.

Keep you posted, but we are close. View attachment 15654104 View attachment 15654107 View attachment 15654108 View attachment 15654110 View attachment 15654111
very excited!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts

Keep you posted, but we are close. View attachment 15654104 View attachment 15654107 View attachment 15654108 View attachment 15654110 View attachment 15654111
Hope someone has an idea on that issue, i myself cant help you unfortunately, have no idea

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Back from Office Depot. Had the proof bound. makes it so much easier to review. Only really found 2 images which are a bit "dodgy". I've resized the manuscript and will talk to the printers tomorrow about the images. Maybe they can tweak the print setting and run 2 test pages. I just looked at the shipping envelope from the printers. The shipping weight of the book is 4.3 pounds, almost 2 Kg.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm actually looking forward to the book. But I don't understand why there is no original deepstar on the cover. That could really keep me from buying ...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts