WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no outlet to see and try on watches. There are no jewelry or watch shops nearby with a decent selection of nice watches. I am left to cope with internet photos! This makes it difficult to choose a watch when I am torn between several. Grrrrrrr.... Does anyone else share that frustration? :-(

Ron

·
Registered
739 Posts
I order catalogues, so i have the books to pass the time...

cheers,

Q

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I have to go about an hour into Northern Virginia so I can go to stores with good selections of watches. Fortunately I have found two stores that have a great selection to choose from. Unfortunately I am going to have to wait until my finances allow for any more watches:-( :-( :-( .

·
Registered
109 Posts
No I'm fortunate. We have a rolex dealer as well as 5 or more jewelers that sell watches including omega, tag, tissot, etc. so I do pretty well. Hard to find German watches here though mostly asian and swiss

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: A downside to small town life ... There is hope!

I discovered that there is a Tissot dealer about an hour from me! I called today and they have both the PRC 200 and the PRC 100 in stock. So, tomorrow afternoon I will try on both of these watches. I have only seen them on a computer screen up to this point.:p

·
Registered
739 Posts
Re: A downside to small town life ... There is hope!

Good LucK! and happy hunting..

Q

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Yep, I'm in a similar boat here. The only places that sell watches are overpriced Jewellery shops in my town. All they have are Seiko, Citizen and Pulsar. There's no call here for high end mechanical watches at all.:-(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts