WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own many watches, but my main 4 in terms of value and wrist time are listed bellow (with my own photos). I really crave to get a complementary dressy piece but in the lower price range.

I'm thinking white/silver/cream dial dressy watch (a watch that can work in a dress, casual clothes or jeans). My wrist is 6,7 inches, flat on top and i think i shouldn't go very large with this one. Price up to 2000$ new or used. I would like a watch/brand that can stand on it's own against my other top watches despite being cheaper (i know that can be hard).

I would love to see you suggestions! I'm thinking Nomos right now, Tangomat, Tangente, Ludwig or Orion but there are so many case sizes, confusing lug sizes that i just don't know what i like more. Any insight about Nomos and any other brand/model from you guys would be great!

My current top watches that this dressy piece would complement:

Blue dial Omega Seamaster 300M:
Watch Analog watch Gesture Finger Clock

Brown/grey dial Glashutte Original Seventies Chrono
Watch Analog watch Hand Arm Rectangle

Black dial Tudor North flag
Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Watch accessory

Black dial Panerai Luminor 0000
Watch Analog watch Light Clock Everyday carry

·
Registered
8,437 Posts
I loved my 35mm Tangente. It's a great watch.

·
Registered
84 Posts
For 2K I would go Nomos. If you had more or less to spend it would mean different things, but I think you’ll find that for 2K Nomos is the consensus. Maybe Longines.

·
Registered
284 Posts
How about something like a Tudor 1926? Comes in a variety of dial sizes, is under 2k, a few white dial options, and has the added benefit of a screw down crown and 100m of water resistance. Not to mention the bracelet is incredible. It has a field watch heart with a dressy exterior.

Watch Analog watch White Light Product

Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light

Watch Brown Analog watch White Light

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I would get a Nomos, probably a Club, in particular, since they are dressy enough, but also very versatile. I recently bought a Club Automatic Onyx and couldn't be happier with it.

·
Premium Member
39,645 Posts
A Grand Seiko perhaps, used?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Not really sure I understand how your current watches would complement another watch. Unless you're wearing them at the same time? Maybe one on each wrist?

Regardless, check out Tudor. Huge value for the money, I think. The Montblanc @ffritz mentioned above is also pretty good.

Reactions: Mediocre
1 - 20 of 50 Posts