WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to understand how this "white-balance at a given depth" works. Enjoy the pics.:-!

A few more pics from today.......

A nice Flounder

Rainbow Parrotfish

Queen Angelfish

Rock Beauty

Nice little Blenny perching for us:clap:

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Wow Jason, the photos have gotten better each day, and it looks like the conditions have been very favorable as well. Thanks to sharing parts of your vaca with us.

Still need to see the Bar though! Safe travels.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
+1! You have inspired me to consider taking up diving. Great pics! And the SD is pretty nice to.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Can I ask your camera set up?
Camera and Housing. No external flash right now. I think that I need an external flash for night dive pics. The exposure time is too long without one, and there is no way to hold completely still to take the pictures. HTH

Borrowed Pics

Canon G10 -- 14.7mp

Canon WP-DC28 Housing, Water resistant to 130ft.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Did you know that the island name comes from Catalan (my mothertongue), the language spoken in Catalonia (Spain). It means good air, bon (good in Catalan) aire (air in Catalan).

I guess that Alonso de Ojeda and Ámerico Vespuccio, the Spanish guys that discovered the island back in 1499, knew Catalan.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Nice. I have the g10 half of the equation already so what your telling me is a just need the housing to take pictures as awesome as yours!

Nice pics, makes me wish I was in the water.

·
Registered
337 Posts
That's the exact setup I plan to move up to. I have the Canon A620 with the Canon housing as well. Your pics look great.

Try the movie mode - you'll be amazed at how good they can look! Make sure to adjust the white balance for movie mode as well!

By the way, I think I saw that same monstrous parrot fish when we were down there a few months ago! He was like 3' long.

I just read on bonairetalk.com that somebody saw a manta ray and dolphins at Pink Beach. :-!

If you have a chance to go into the park on the north side of the island, check out Wakaya - there's a real nice beach and great diving in a cove! Very long drive to get there, though.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's the exact setup I plan to move up to. I have the Canon A620 with the Canon housing as well. Your pics look great.

Try the movie mode - you'll be amazed at how good they can look! Make sure to adjust the white balance for movie mode as well!

By the way, I think I saw that same monstrous parrot fish when we were down there a few months ago! He was like 3' long.

I just read on bonairetalk.com that somebody saw a manta ray and dolphins at Pink Beach. :-!

If you have a chance to go into the park on the north side of the island, check out Wakaya - there's a real nice beach and great diving in a cove! Very long drive to get there, though.
We just dove Pink Beach this morning, but no Dolphins/Manta Rayo|o|o|o|

We dove up in the park on our last visit while the kids played with their grandparents at that nice beach. We have a babysitter that lives here on the island, so not much of a chance to dive up in the park this time as it was a whole day excursion last visit.

I guess that maybe we should dive Pink Beach again.......:think::think: We dove it today as a drift dive because the wind has stirred-up the water and was a bit of current. Maybe that is what brought in the dolphins.:-s

·
Registered
337 Posts
We just dove Pink Beach this morning, but no Dolphins/Manta Ray......

I guess that maybe we should dive Pink Beach again.......:think::think: We dove it today as a drift dive because the wind has stirred-up the water and was a bit of current. Maybe that is what brought in the dolphins.:-s
Well then GET BACK IN THE WATER AND GO FIND THEM!

Ain't that the great thing about diving BON... dive. Swap tanks. Dive. Swap tanks. Dive. Go get more tanks. Dive.

You diving nitrox? Sure makes for short surface intervals. |>

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well then GET BACK IN THE WATER AND GO FIND THEM!

Ain't that the great thing about diving BON... dive. Swap tanks. Dive. Swap tanks. Dive. Go get more tanks. Dive.

You diving nitrox? Sure makes for short surface intervals. |>
Nitrox for sure. Nothing to see much deeper than about 60ft with the exception of the Hilma Hooker. Makes for TONS of diving.:p:p

BTW, found this little puppy today. First Frogfish ever for me. What a strange little creature.|>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.