WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last week or two I have been looking for good priced 3aka3 MO CCCP dialed vostoks to add to the collection. I am looking for watches that need some love and are cheep, in the search I purchased another NOS 2 position crown vostok (pictured) for under $15, a green dialed 3aka3 parachute vostok, about $20 and a steel cased parachute, I will remove the dial from the 3aka3 and put it in the steel case (just because the case on the 3aka3 needs work and i purchased the steel cased vostok for $14 for this purpose) the para dial and movement i will probably case in something semi acceptable and either give it to one of the guys at work for a watch he can wear whilst working, or put it on ebay and hope to get $5 -$10 for it. at this time i am limiting myself to only 3aka3 vostoks because i think that if i dont i will end up with hundreds. I have purchased two 2 position crown non 3aka3 vostoks for cheep recently (under $15 each) 1 pictured below and the other a green tankie on an earlier thread any opinions about if i should keep them or resell.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
Over the last week or two I have been looking for good priced 3aka3 MO CCCP dialed vostoks to add to the collection. I am looking for watches that need some love and are cheep, in the search I purchased another NOS 2 position crown vostok (pictured) for under $15, a green dialed 3aka3 parachute vostok, about $20 and a steel cased parachute, I will remove the dial from the 3aka3 and put it in the steel case (just because the case on the 3aka3 needs work and i purchased the steel cased vostok for $14 for this purpose) the para dial and movement i will probably case in something semi acceptable and either give it to one of the guys at work for a watch he can wear whilst working, or put it on ebay and hope to get $5 -$10 for it. at this time i am limiting myself to only 3aka3 vostoks because i think that if i dont i will end up with hundreds. I have purchased two 2 position crown non 3aka3 vostoks for cheep recently (under $15 each) 1 pictured below and the other a green tankie on an earlier thread any opinions about if i should keep them or resell.
I was eyeing the 3rd one (submarine) but decided to give it a miss to snipe the other item from the same seller..and I was outbid O|
great deals you have..congrats!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hi Watchwombat!
i agree with you about concentrating on the older Vostoks, esp. those with the AKA3 CCCP or CAENAHO CCCP (sorry I don't have a cyrillic keyboard!). So I guess you'll keeping the one in the center pic? The 'Sub' with the 2 o'clock crown might be worth keeping too as it looks NOS and case design is less often found than the usual 3 o'clock ones.
Rgds,
Lee:-D
Attached pic of 3 of my 'Sub' Vostoks, 1 vintage with 2 more recent ones. Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts