WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few shots of the Omega boutique in HK. I am a very very lousy shot with the camera.

Sorry for the blurry photo of the Boutique. I had to get the shot between cars and pedestrians getting into the photo on canton road. Was hard to do with the amount of traffic and didn't turn out at all the way I wanted. The second pic is me checking the time and wishing my Omega was automatic not quartz :-d (just kiddin')

The two pics of the Omega ads were taken with the 2mp mobile-phone camera. Turned out better then I expected. If I recall correct these were taken on Nathan Road, but there were loads more large scale Omega advertisements all over HK. Even on the freeway. Yet as I said before, not one omega wrist sighting besides mine and the tourist at the hotel.

It appears the Clooney is the popular Omega guy in HK. Every time there is an Omega ad featuring ambassadors, he is there amongst them or its just him alone. I didn't see a single Bond ad.

PS.
I'm in Beijing and haven't visited the new Ω Boutique here yet. Saw it under construction when I was here in June/July. Keen to check it out and I'll post some pics. And there shouldn't be a read in front of it so I wont have an excuse if its blurry. :roll:

Attachments

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Very nice AM!

But you seem so far away. Do you have any shots maybe closer or, say,
what about a few inside? It would be cool to see some inside shots of
that fine Omega store. I would really like that. Oh yeah, wheres
maw-in-law? Got any pics?
jim

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Re: Very nice AM!

But you seem so far away. Do you have any shots maybe closer or, say,
what about a few inside? It would be cool to see some inside shots of
that fine Omega store. I would really like that. Oh yeah, wheres
maw-in-law? Got any pics?
jim
I didnt take any pics inside. Too busy trying on the Bond Chronograph and a speedmaster. Mother in law pics coming soon (just kiddin', she wasnt with us)

I never tried on the chronograph SMP before, unfortunately looks way too big for my skinny chicken-wrist. The mid-size PO looked great as did the speedy.

I'll see if I can take some PICS on the Beijing boutique, inside and outside. Sorry I also forgot to mention the Beijing store is the Flagship store, not just a boutique.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/en/doc/2004-01/20/content_301686.htm

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Re: Very nice AM!

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a reflection of an Asian woman, in that storefront window? AM, that ain't maw-in-law, is it? David

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
I think I see her Dave..........

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a reflection of an Asian woman, in that storefront window? AM, that ain't maw-in-law, is it? David
If you look real close in the 3rd pic from the left, I think I see a woman.
Can you make it out bro? I think she has him by the ear.........
I may be mistaken, no, I think she does have him by the ear........
Who is that AM?
jim

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Ya know Jim.........................

If you look real close in the 3rd pic from the left, I think I see a woman.
Can you make it out bro? I think she has him by the ear.........
I may be mistaken, no, I think she does have him by the ear........
Who is that AM?
jim

Upon closer inspection, I believe you're correct, Man, thats gotta hurt! Good eye there bro. David

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
It appears the Clooney is the popular Omega guy in HK. Every time there is an Omega ad featuring ambassadors, he is there amongst them or its just him alone. I didn't see a single Bond ad.
The heck with Clooney. He's way too liberal for me, but who's the knockout in the red plunge adjacent Clooney? Mama mia! :p

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
It won't work Mr. Beamon

The heck with Clooney. He's way too liberal for me, but who's the knockout in the red plunge adjacent Clooney? Mama mia! :p
Changing the subject is futile. Me and Dave are on it now.
Although everyone knows how much I hate that blowhard Clowney,
we are trying to give AM a little guidance. You know what we mean,
standing tall, master of your domain, head of household and all that jazz.
All of us are a little more worldly, older and know the score. It is
our duty to get AM to show the new family and little lady
that he can't be stepped on. Come on guys, its your duty to show the younger guys how its done. Compromise ain't bad, we all do it,
but being a door mat ain't cool. We need to get this straightened
out for the little guy. Honeymooning with maw-n-law, no new Omegas,
drug halfway across Asia. Man! AMs got more tolerance than me.
Besides, DMB will be arriving shortly and he won't be as nice as Dave and me. Think about it guys. Its your duty.
jim

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
I've been married

for 28 years, so, I've got a little bit of experience with maw-in-laws. But, ya know what? Mine ain't never grabbed me by the ear. David

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hey Good Morning AM, thanks for sharing the pics. It doesn't look as cold as i as i thought it would be in dec. man, the streets were frozen & i slidding all over the place trying to stay upright. Have Fun! Cheers.
:)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Re: It won't work Mr. Beamon

I'll confess when I saw AM's post about "Omega China," I thought Ma was already picking out the dinner plates - but then I read the post. Nevertheless, I expect if we don't help, it won't be long before Ma IS picking out the dinner plates.

AM, there are guys that run the store, and then there are the guys that sit to pee. You got your Prime Pilots, and you got your Pudknockers. What'll it be pal?

Private to Roger - spot on about the babe in the red dress.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Well said John

I'll confess when I saw AM's post about "Omega China," I thought Ma was already picking out the dinner plates - but then I read the post. Nevertheless, I expect if we don't help, it won't be long before Ma IS picking out the dinner plates.

AM, there are guys that run the store, and then there are the guys that sit to pee. You got your Prime Pilots, and you got your Pudknockers. What'll it be pal?

Private to Roger - spot on about the babe in the red dress.
If we don't do something quick, we may loose him. He will never
have "his space". No hunting and fishing, smoking and drinking,
"honey do this" and "honey do that". No guns and fishing stuff,
no poker nights with the boys, no cool pickup truck or SUV,
No dog, no "my chair" and the feet on the coffee table is out.
Weekend trips with the guys......forget it.. No Omega watches,
the constant *****ing and whining, her family everywhere all
complaining about YOU.
Its making me dizzy. I'm getting ill thinking about it. We gotta do
something. Quick.
jim

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
I can see it now .....

AM, his beautiful new bride, and the Maw in Law all nice and cozy in AMs new house. I bet she knits him a horrendously tacky sweater for Xmas, or maybe crochets him a shawl that he will HAVE to wear so as to not hurt her feelings. Probably has one of those vicious, neurotic little ankle biter dogs that growls at you every time you walk in the room. Oh yea, the pet is moving in too. Forget watching the game in your underwear. Beer in the fridge? Sorry, no room cause Maw in Law likes prune juice. Watching televised church services on TV every Sunday morning, Home Shopping Network every night. The ultimate nightmare will be when she accidently walks in on you while you're buck naked in the bathroom. My suggestion ... start drinking heavily. ;-) - David

·
Registered
582 Posts
C'mon AM, I ned you to show the world that us Perth men who married Chinese girls are still king of the castle....

(what's that darling?

Yes I'll get off the computer soon...

Oh, is there really a 15% off all bed linen sale this morning?

Oh your family are coming for lunch. Thats great :-x)

Sorry guys, gotta go :roll:

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
What?

Did you say "no smoking or drinking"? I thought I had a pretty high tolerance level, you know, of "family members" But, AM takes the cake. Can you just imagine all those " family members" running all around AM's 70% talking in a language he doesn't understand. Makes me shudder just thinkin about it. David

PS: What colors them plates?

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Re: What?

I never thought about the language thing. Maw in Law can cuss him stupid and he won't even know. Man, things aren't looking too good AM. Every year, her 30% will increase while your 70% decreases. Like an ice cube slowly melting in the summer sun. - David

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Re: What?

I never thought about the language thing. Maw in Law can cuss him stupid and he won't even know. Man, things aren't looking too good AM. Every year, her 30% will increase while your 70% decreases. Like an ice cube slowly melting in the summer sun. - David

Yeah, like an ice cube melting in the summer sun, on the equator, in August. David

1 - 20 of 48 Posts