WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my wife's 1976 Omega Geneve Dynamic, she got this watch when she was a teen. My wife has taken good care of this watch for sentimental value. Last year i asked her to show it to me again, and i decided to do a little restoration. I changed the Crystal, and Band and had the watch serviced. It is an automatic movement and date. The movement, face, hands and buckle are 100% original.

Enjoy the pictures:

With a little filter and light effect.

·
Registered
112 Posts
To be honest with you, I never thought I could appreciate the dynamic line, until I saw this pic of your wife's time piece. That is one beautiful watch:-!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Funny enough the first time my wife showed me this watch was in 1984, i thought it was the ugliest Omega i had ever seen. As i started collecting watches, i learned to appreciate the beauty of older models and especially an un-restored time piece. We had to change the crystal and the strap because they were too worn out but everything else has not been changed. I bought a Dynamic myself in poor condition and i made the mistake of having it restored (not by Omega) and the result is terrible. My Dynamic had a painted face, and when they restored it they painted over the tilde on the word Geneve. I am currently looking for a new dial to replace it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey jjmurillo,

Is it really complex to get Omega to restore a vintage watch? Did your wife have all the paper work for her Dynamic? I'm actually thinking about finding an a vintage Dynamic in the future now and am wondering how many hoops I will have to jump through to get it restored.

One more question, when they changed out your wife's crystal, did they make it a sapphire or is it made of something else?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey jjmurillo,

Is it really complex to get Omega to restore a vintage watch? Did your wife have all the paper work for her Dynamic? I'm actually thinking about finding an a vintage Dynamic in the future now and am wondering how many hoops I will have to jump through to get it restored.

One more question, when they changed out your wife's crystal, did they make it a sapphire or is it made of something else?

The only thing Omega did for my wife's watch was to change the crystal, the strap, and serviced it. The crystal is acrylic like the original watch. My wife had no paperwork at all from her 1976 omega, when my wife moved to the USA she did not bring the box from her home country, and now it is lost. My own Dynamic was restored by a watch maker not by Omega, and he did a poor job. Typically when they restore a watch the go by the case number and caliber number. I had my 1967 Constellation serviced and they did a fantastic job.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a picture of my badly restored Geneve Dynamic...he just repainted the dial. I have purchased hands for it, and i am currently looking for an original dial, to replace the badly restored dial.

One more view:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts