WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have been looking in at your posts for some time, and have been very tempted to to get a real military watch.

Hunting the inter-net, I came across a web site run by the MOD called the " Disposal Services Agency"

http://www.edisposals.com

that has G - 10 quartz watches that are made to Nato spec W10/6645-99-5415317.

In the advert it states that they have a new battery and a new glass fitted, but also have a 6 months guarantee.

I don't know a lot about this type of watch, do you think it would be better to go for a new stock one (if i can find one) or try one of these, guessing that being a military they should have lots of life left in them.

I am looking for a hard wearing beater for dirty jobs and thought one of these might fit the bill.

:-S

Tonyh

·
4,406 Posts
I don't know anything about that site...

But CWC G-10's are nice, durable, beaters.

I picked a RM issued one up on ebay for 19 pounds, IIRC. Runs like a champ.

·
Registered
329 Posts
My CWC G-10 is tough like a rock, easy to read at a glance, has a great lume, and keeps great time. I highly reccomend.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I am looking for a hard wearing beater for dirty jobs and thought one of these might fit the bill.

:-S

Tonyh
hi tony,

you apparently looking for a g-shock, you might just don't know it yet ;-)
there are plenty of great models - I prefer all digitals - but you may want to look for an an-digi one. if you need some good advices or recommendations, have a look here: https://www.watchuseek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

regards, holger

·
Registered
362 Posts
I bought two CWC G-10s. One was issued and the other NOS. Both have run well. I gave the issued one to a friend. Both have kept excellent time, with the NOS gaining but one second the first month. Check Ebay and don't pay too much. The lume is not all that great on mine. They were made in 1989. I will probably have Jack at IWW re-lume the dial.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys, I will have a think, maybe the bay might be a better place to buy.

Tonyh

PS I do like the G-shock as well!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mine is a straight from "Silverman's" job. I paid full retail, but it was worth every penny(pence?). I have heard people comment about the weak lume on a CWC, but mine is clear all night even without my glasses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts