WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, you know when sometimes you place a bid on eBay ages ago and then all of a sudden receive an "Item won" notification?

I must have bid on this around a week ago, and until the last 5 or 10 minutes, totally forgot about it and truthfully didn't even think I'd get it anyway!

The watch in question? A G-5600, I think the exact model is G-5600-1? I like these with the cool battery level indicator and that even though it's a square, the caseback is almost rectangular!

It needs a bezel, and here I have a query - I've looked at the 5600 compatibility chart, (and also included it below), and on the column for this watch, (it's a 2597 module), the bezel compatibility box is empty? Does this mean there is only one bezel for this watch or is the empty box a mistake and a bezel from the list underneath will fit?

Here are a few photos from the seller:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
nice. now off for a bezel. i too have forgotten about a bid. a week ago i put $12 on this and last night got a win @ 11.99 w/1.01 shipping.

23026671143714ik.JPG

·
Registered
647 Posts
Great score!

As far as i know,none of the bezels for the 5600 or 5610 will fit this one. The bezel you need is specific for the G-5600 module 2597.

·
Premium Member
14,024 Posts
Great score!

As far as i know,none of the bezels for the 5600 or 5610 will fit this one. The bezel you need is specific for the G-5600 module 2597.
The 5600J will not work as it has asymmetrical lugs. This one is unique and will require it's own bezel.

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys, so it appears this could be bezel-less for a long time then!!

It's not a watch that appears much, if ever, and unless the RTB bezels are still available I guess it might not get new boots any time soon.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sorry, but another question on the bezel front after a bit of Googling:

It looks like the RT/B and GW-5600J have matching bezels?

As it happens, luckily Tiktox actually have those in stock, in black as well! I guess I can always return it if it ends up not fitting.

·
Premium Member
14,024 Posts
Sorry, but another question on the bezel front after a bit of Googling:

It looks like the RT/B and GW-5600J have matching bezels?

As it happens, luckily Tiktox actually have those in stock, in black as well! I guess I can always return it if it ends up not fitting.

Yes. The GW5600J and the DW-56RTB use the same case, therefore the same resin bezel and straps. I'll save you the trouble, they are not compatible with the watch you bought.

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes. The GW5600J and the DW-56RTB use the same case, therefore the same resin bezel and straps. I'll save you the trouble, they are not compatible with the watch you bought.
Cheers Rocat, I did actually order one from Tiktox last night, but I'll return it then.

I have seen just one bezel listed on eBay that does actually state it's for a G-5600-1 so that might be my last chance. It's from the States unfortunately, so I'll have to swallow the shipping price to the UK I guess!

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
186 Posts
Was tempted by this one myself!
Decided against it due to being lazy about tracking down a bezel, I hope you find one to bring it back to glory!

Reactions: sodamonkey

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was tempted by this one myself!
Decided against it due to being lazy about tracking down a bezel, I hope you find one to bring it back to glory!
I've actually found one on eBay from a UK seller!

It's a bit steep at £16, so I'm going to give Casio UK a call to see if they possibly have any, I don't hold out any hopes though as it's potentially too old a model for them to hold spares for.

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So - Apologies for the many posts, but good news

I just called Casio UK and they currently have 3 bezels in stock, I've double checked the part number with them, (a German eBay seller had the number in their listing), and it's definitely the correct one.

They even said that when I order, (I'm gonna wait until the watch arrives from Hong Kong), that even if their 3 have sold out, they are showing 100's in stock in Japan!!

Also they've checked straps for this one for me because I wasn't sure if it had a specific strap to fit with it's specific bezel, and what comes up is that it's a standard 5600 strap as they show it fitting numerous DW models as well as my G-5600-1.

I officially love Casio UK!! They are always helpful and their prices are excellent, the bezel is going to cost me a whole £6.70 plus postage, so still a LOT less than eBay robbers!

Cheers!!

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very quick arrival from HK, and the bezel also came today from Casio UK!!

The watch is in brilliant shape, I see a few very small marks on the crystal under my magnifiers, but nothing to the naked eye.

This is the first time I've seen one of these in the flesh and I really like it. The display is bigger than a "standard" 5600 and the digits are nice and large too.

The E.L. works well and battery is showing full.

As you can see from the closeups, the bezel has an extra little "lip" unlike my 5600C bezel for example. This lip fits flush to the strap, (I put a good condition 6900 strap on), and this makes it "pucker up" a little as the bezel and strap are so close, but pushed straight with my fingernail you don't really notice it.

I've included a side by side with my 5600C for display and digit size comparison.

Anyhow, here are some photos for you:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts