WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I have a few watches, from dress to sport pieces. I keep them clean and am careful with them.
I am thinking of getting a watch that I can wear everyday without fear of damaging it and it loosing value. One that can stay out of the safe and box + paper work can be kept at reach rather than put away in bubble wrap..
A watch that makes me feel good having it on my wrist, looks good and commands the right attention and respect (from and amongst other watches - not people) in many situations.

On the flip side, it has to be only so nice that when I wear my other pieces, I look forward to that occassion in itself.
I'm thinking about €1000, pre-owned. It must be an automatic.

Any idea are appreciated..

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Well, what sort of style do you like? That’s pretty open from your OP, @Elton H.

Damasko might fit the bill for “without fear of damaging it”.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, what sort of style do you like? That’s pretty open from your OP, @Elton H.

Damasko might fit the bill for “without fear of damaging it”.

I'm open to the style of the watch (leather, bracelet), apart from a Diver.. The latter would mean that I can't really wear it with everything, daily..

I do like Damasko I have it say..

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Anything Sinn in that 1000 used price bracket- used Sinn don't fluctuate in price much and they are hard to beat up.

B79

·
Registered
308 Posts
I bought two weeks ago the Longines Admiral GMT and I´m completely blown away with the amazing piece it is.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Reactions: Siwash and Gary123

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
To me sounds like you need a beater. I use my Seiko SKX and still get a lot of joy wearing it. If you’re against a diver, I would think a SARB033/035 would work, or even a Seiko 5.

I think the cheaper you go the better. I bought a Damasko to be my daily, and find myself still babying it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you need a watch to command respect and attention, then there are other issues
Hmmm, I'm not sure why this comment however, please note that what I mean is 'a watch to be respected and that looks well amongst other watches', not necessarily respected by the people wearing the watches.

·
Premium Member
13,463 Posts
A vintage longines ultra chron or a vintage omega semaster can be found within this price.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts