WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a BP owner, I'm always looking for different straps to change the style of the watch.

A couple weeks ago I came across what might be the best after market strap for it on AliExpress: it's a sailcloth rubberized 23mm strap pretty much like the original, but so much better.

- The sides are not rubberized, so they don't wear it easily like the original
- It's totally waterproof and it dries pretty quickly
- Perfect fit (23mm after all)
- Extremely robust but soft

The only things I don't like are the buckle (polished, doesn't match the Bathyscaphe) and the fact that comes with Blancpain written on the underside.

Pictures:
image00001 (23).jpeg
image00002 (8).jpeg
image00003 (4).jpeg

(It's dark blue, although may not show in the pictures)

Yes, I'm very cheap for buying a 60 dollar strap for a 7000 dollar watch, but you know who is cheaper? Blancpain - for throwing in such a brittle strap on their product. :rodekaart

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Can you send a link? I wear mine on an inexpensive NATO of an Erika original.

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes, pls send the link. I will say that OEM straps in general can be easily replicated and made better. It’s a shame they gouge on straps. I love switching straps and it would be easier if they just charged less and I would buy more from the brand vs. always looking aftermarket.

Am I really going to buy an OEM extra strap on a Overseas at $1400. Heck no. They can take that patent on the quick release and shove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put the blancpain buckle on this strap.
I thought about doing that, but I'm too lazy.

Can you send a link? I wear mine on an inexpensive NATO of an Erika original.

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!
Sure, here it is: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33006986490.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.1417b90aSy3CFN

There's even a version with a deployant, but it's not the one I bought: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_3,searchweb201603_55

Yes, pls send the link. I will say that OEM straps in general can be easily replicated and made better. It’s a shame they gouge on straps. I love switching straps and it would be easier if they just charged less and I would buy more from the brand vs. always looking aftermarket.

Am I really going to buy an OEM extra strap on a Overseas at $1400. Heck no. They can take that patent on the quick release and shove it.

Saw a guy on Reddit a couple days ago that paid USD 500+ for the buckle alone. How does that make any sense?

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I have a few of these "aftermarket" FF sailcloth straps and its amazing how much better their quality is.

I'd also recommend strapholic. Fit my FF perfectly!

strapholic(.)com

Reactions: ChronoTraveler

·
Registered
882 Posts
Barton bands also has sailcloth in 23mm--available everywhere including Amazon. Quality is pretty good.

Reactions: ChronoTraveler

·
Registered
882 Posts
It doesn't. You can get the deployant for USD 450 from an AD if you ask nicely.
Yeah. I bought mine on the bracelet & the AD sold me the sailcloth strap with pin buckle for $350.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Do you happen to know how the pin holes sit. For me the OEM ones just did not sit well. I ended up solving with the deployant which just happens to provide the amount of distance as if I had a half hole. I thought about trying the short OEM strap to see if the holes line up better but this might be better.

Yes I have a solution, but really want to go back to the pin buckle so I can use the deployant on the shiny new fifty fathoms I have coming without a display back. .

·
Registered
3,187 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not the best website just an FYI. The link was for a 24$ strap not $60 which works but clunky as ...., payment page crapes the bed and the deliver estimate was a month and a half.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Not the best website just an FYI. The link was for a 24$ strap not $60 which works but clunky as ...., payment page crapes the bed and the deliver estimate was a month and a half.

I mean youre ordering from AliExpress. Kinda get what you get there. Its Chinese eBay.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Which one is that? I tried a more modern one but did not look awesome and had trouble finding stuff in 23mm

This is a 20mm tropic on the smaller 38mm case size. I got it from Watch Gecko. They do have a 22mm, but that would still leave a gap for those you seeking a 23mm version.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts