WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a BP owner, I'm always looking for different straps to change the style of the watch.

A couple weeks ago I came across what might be the best after market strap for it on AliExpress: it's a sailcloth rubberized 23mm strap pretty much like the original, but so much better.

- The sides are not rubberized, so they don't wear it easily like the original
- It's totally waterproof and it dries pretty quickly
- Perfect fit (23mm after all)
- Extremely robust but soft

The only things I don't like are the buckle (polished, doesn't match the Bathyscaphe) and the fact that comes with Blancpain written on the underside.

Pictures:
image00001 (23).jpeg
image00002 (8).jpeg
image00003 (4).jpeg

(It's dark blue, although may not show in the pictures)

Yes, I'm very cheap for buying a 60 dollar strap for a 7000 dollar watch, but you know who is cheaper? Blancpain - for throwing in such a brittle strap on their product. :rodekaart

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Can you send a link? I wear mine on an inexpensive NATO of an Erika original.

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes, pls send the link. I will say that OEM straps in general can be easily replicated and made better. It’s a shame they gouge on straps. I love switching straps and it would be easier if they just charged less and I would buy more from the brand vs. always looking aftermarket.

Am I really going to buy an OEM extra strap on a Overseas at $1400. Heck no. They can take that patent on the quick release and shove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put the blancpain buckle on this strap.
I thought about doing that, but I'm too lazy.

Can you send a link? I wear mine on an inexpensive NATO of an Erika original.

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!
Sure, here it is: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33006986490.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.1417b90aSy3CFN

There's even a version with a deployant, but it's not the one I bought: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32944353523.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2682594eMszRpK&algo_pvid=d816b695-87a5-4853-bdea-36b53c391a8c&algo_expid=d816b695-87a5-4853-bdea-36b53c391a8c-14&btsid=800640ec-e7b2-4e56-ab66-d855afb33800&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3,searchweb201603_55

Yes, pls send the link. I will say that OEM straps in general can be easily replicated and made better. It’s a shame they gouge on straps. I love switching straps and it would be easier if they just charged less and I would buy more from the brand vs. always looking aftermarket.

Am I really going to buy an OEM extra strap on a Overseas at $1400. Heck no. They can take that patent on the quick release and shove it.

Saw a guy on Reddit a couple days ago that paid USD 500+ for the buckle alone. How does that make any sense?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a few of these "aftermarket" FF sailcloth straps and its amazing how much better their quality is.

I'd also recommend strapholic. Fit my FF perfectly!

strapholic(.)com

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a few of these "aftermarket" FF sailcloth straps and its amazing how much better their quality is.

I'd also recommend strapholic. Fit my FF perfectly!

strapholic(.)com
Some great options on that website. Thanks for sharing this.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Barton bands also has sailcloth in 23mm--available everywhere including Amazon. Quality is pretty good.

Reactions: ChronoTraveler

·
Registered
829 Posts
It doesn't. You can get the deployant for USD 450 from an AD if you ask nicely.
Yeah. I bought mine on the bracelet & the AD sold me the sailcloth strap with pin buckle for $350.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Do you happen to know how the pin holes sit. For me the OEM ones just did not sit well. I ended up solving with the deployant which just happens to provide the amount of distance as if I had a half hole. I thought about trying the short OEM strap to see if the holes line up better but this might be better.

Yes I have a solution, but really want to go back to the pin buckle so I can use the deployant on the shiny new fifty fathoms I have coming without a display back. .

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not the best website just an FYI. The link was for a 24$ strap not $60 which works but clunky as ...., payment page crapes the bed and the deliver estimate was a month and a half.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Not the best website just an FYI. The link was for a 24$ strap not $60 which works but clunky as ...., payment page crapes the bed and the deliver estimate was a month and a half.

I mean youre ordering from AliExpress. Kinda get what you get there. Its Chinese eBay.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Which one is that? I tried a more modern one but did not look awesome and had trouble finding stuff in 23mm

This is a 20mm tropic on the smaller 38mm case size. I got it from Watch Gecko. They do have a 22mm, but that would still leave a gap for those you seeking a 23mm version.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts