WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blowing off the dust from the attic, diggin' thru some stuff and unsure if this was ever brought out. Don't know why I never wore this much but have had it for over a year. It was one of those things where I saw glimpses of it on the web and Boom! you get that 'fever' and start hunting it down. So much to my surprise after I fell head over heels trying to obtain it, and once I got it and admired it, wore it for a few days then back it languishes as a bench warmer. Ever have watches that you feel that way about? Good enough to be a starter but ultimately just listening in from the sidelines hoping its number gets called, always relegated to the second team though no fault of its own?

TAG Heuer 1964 Jack Heuer re-edition with the legend's sig etched into the case back, only 1964 made, and were originally released in 2004 or thereabouts. I am a big fan of these retro-vintages and IMO it's the best one TAG came out with, and arguably their most coveted over time. Very comfy on the wrist and at 40mm it'll disappear underneath a shirt cuff easily - and the spits of lume are surprisingly persistent. Multiple applications of SL I'm guessing will do that. The chrono function is almost column wheel-esque in its positive action while the watch itself because it lacks an hourly totalizer will keep track of but 30 minutes. But that dial with the pewter gray chrono sub registers and the racing red seconds hand evoke memories of countless late 60's Autavias and Carreras and Breitlings that went before it, which was a main reason why I wanted one, this synergy between the urbane design aesthetic with a hint of racing appeal it harkens, married to modern day sophistication in manufacturing. No slop with QC on this guy - TAG put it together well...

Thanks for looking, and sorry for the truncated write-up.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
nice watch you have there!! I think the reissue watches will go up in value, as long as Tag keeps them as a limited edition with a max of 4000 watches. thnaks for sharing

·
Editor
1,753 Posts
I like that model very much!! You should wear it more often ;)

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Nice watch, but to be honest I prefer the REAL 1964 re-edition, aka the CS series, mine has arrived this saturday and I love it!

Your reissue looks more like a 1970 manual Carrera, 40 mm, two dials, pretty nice but not the same as the 1964...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Tag heuer sel was my very 1st high end watch. I remember being so nervous to shell out 800 bucks. Sorry just strolling down memory lane. Back to the topic, your watch is awesome looking. I wouldn't mind having one myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts