WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well sort of. I have 10 watches in my collection including two luxury brands. But I’m also a big fan of G-Shock and own several. Cruising around eBay last month I came across this vintage original MRG-1 from the late nineties with no reserve. The only bid was for $20 so I jumped in above that. I watched the clock tick down ready to get into a bidding war and miraculously nobody else jumped in and I won the bid for $21.50. 🤷🏼‍♂️. The watch was shipped from Tokyo and is in excellent condition and even had the original protective plastic on the face. It was very scratched up and faded so I peeled it off to reveal an almost perfect crystal with only a few micro scratches. I absolutely love this piece and it’s history and at this moment it’s my favorite piece.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Nice score for sure. Congrats!

Reactions: Dxnnis

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome to the club! I've been very happy with my MRG-1Z1 that I got through buyee/yahoo auctions jp a few months back.
Wear it in good health.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. The little titanium guy from back in the day is pretty cool. I’ve heard this watch originally had a bezel and I saw some others online that were missing it as well so I had no idea what they looked like. And I searched pretty hard for a picture of one. Kubr1ck finally posted one on a different thread and I agree....this model looks better naked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts