WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was replacing the battery and I was pretty careful, but when I unscrew the cover for the battery and take out the battery a little gold spring fell out:

Watch works pretty fine, but I would like to put it where it belongs b-)

Ps. It's not a screw that sticks out when you open the back cover - I have it too in a safe place.

Any help much appreciated :thanks

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Re: a little gold spring fell out [1209] DW6600 series

That spring looks like the one that makes contact with the caseback and makes the beeping sounds for alarms, button pushes Etc. Usually, there is a hole in the module cover that the spring goes through which might help you find it's location on the module itself. Not familiar with this one but maybe someone else can help.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for trying, but sounds are working, and that other spring is in it's place. i just don't know what to do with this bugger, because all of the functions works pretty good from what I see...

·
Registered
1,658 Posts

Well, if everything is working, maybe it's just an extra spring that somehow got inside the case during assembly.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The only add thing is the light. It will glow - as long as you press the button. On every G that I own it turns itself after about 2seconds, even if your finger is still on the light button...

Maybe someone know? Is it module thing or is it related to the spring?

Afterglow works normal.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

@Sjors :thanks a lot for checking that out. If it works - fine, if it stops - then i will be trying to stuff it somewhere. Not really too professional of me ;-), but what to do.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,523 Posts

Maybe someone know? Is it module thing or is it related to the spring?
it is normal for that module, wish casio would add it to ALL modules :roll:

cheers

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,590 Posts

Hi CK,

I have changed some batteries tonight. One of them is a DW-6695-K, which is a special DW-6600 version. The case and module are just the same. I posted them on my 50 Gs weblog here. I made quite some photo's of the module, so you can compare with your DW-6600. I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

it is normal for that module, wish casio would add it to ALL modules :roll:

cheers

:thanks cal.45. I really like it too. Sure it's draining the battery, but you can look as much as you want.

Hi CK,

I have changed some batteries tonight. One of them is a DW-6695-K, which is a special DW-6600 version. The case and module are just the same. I posted them on my 50 Gs weblog here. I made quite some photo's of the module, so you can compare with your DW-6600. I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Sjors

Thanks again so much @Sjors for the link and photos..

Thanks a lot Guys !

·
Registered
2 Posts
My watch is a G-SHOCk DW-002 1299. I have the same little gold colored spring as well as the silver colored spring. The silver colored spring is the one that makes contact with the piezo speaker on the back plate. The little gold spring fell out when I decided(like a moron) to remove the 4 screws that hold the battery tray in. After removing the plate and the plastic battery tray I noticed the gold colored spring on the table. I also would like to know where it goes. I believe it goes below the battery tray. I think that normally this would not come out unless you are a moron like me and don't realize you needn't remove everything to replace the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Apologies for responding to a 7 year old thread. I have experienced the same event. A small gold colored spring fell out while replacing the battery. The difference is that this watch will not work without it. (The other ground spring is in place). There are only a few possibilities where the gold spring can be located. Trial and error unless someone has an answer. Any advice?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
If you have extra strap springbars you could pull one apart and possibly use the small spring thats located inside the springbar.

edit: now realize you have the spring but dont know where it goes. Sorry I thought you had lost the spring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update. The brand new Sony CR2016 battery was no good (2.91V). Pulled another out of the blister pack. Popped it in, without the little gold spring. The watch seems to work flawlessly. Mystery spring remains a mystery.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Update. The brand new Sony CR2016 battery was no good (2.91V). Pulled another out of the blister pack. Popped it in, without the little gold spring. The watch seems to work flawlessly. Mystery spring remains a mystery.
I know that sometimes that spring MAY be for the backlight - does yours work without?

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well this exact same thing happened to me with a 1605 Casio element. Brass spring fell out on disassembly. Reassembled with piezo spring properly placed and everything worked fine. I noticed that the spring matched the springs used in the front assembly for the buttons so I can only assume it was a spare stowed away. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 - 16 of 16 Posts