WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just thought that I would share my one and only Hamilton with everybody. I picked this up several months ago at a local antique store. It is a nice runner and keeps great time. This model is the Darrell c. 1949.

Overview.jpg
Movement.jpg

The dial is a little weak but the applied numbers are pretty bold. Shows OK on the wrist.

Wrist.jpg

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
And very nice it is too.|>

·
Registered
617 Posts
A little Polywatch would do wonders for that crystal. The gold numerals used around that time really stand out!

I love the quiet masculinity of the men's Hamiltons from that time. My 1951 Cedric emits such a tweed-y aura...

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,817 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have a movement shot of that Cedric would you? I've been keeping an eye out for one and not found one at a price I like yet.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
A little Polywatch would do wonders for that crystal. The gold numerals used around that time really stand out!

I love the quiet masculinity of the men's Hamiltons from that time. My 1951 Cedric emits such a tweed-y aura...

Oh Hey! I have a cedric as well :-!

You wouldn't happen to have a movement shot of that Cedric would you? I've been keeping an eye out for one and not found one at a price I like yet.
That I can supply

Absolute cracker of a movement these.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A little Polywatch would do wonders for that crystal.
I gave it a quick once-over with it. The crystal has a pretty good crack on the side so it will be replaced. I have to get an order in for a few crystals.

Nice Cedric...

·
Registered
283 Posts
I looked for a "Darrell" (my name) for quite a while. Then found one on the 'bay.

Darrell 1.JPG Darrell 3.JPG
Vintage Hamilton's have to be one of the best deals around.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So that is what the dial of mine is suppose to look like.

That is a very nice example you have there.

·
Registered
283 Posts
So that is what the dial of mine is suppose to look like.

That is a very nice example you have there.
Thank you! I feel very lucky to have found it. And at a very reasonable price, too. I immediately sent it off for service, and it keeps great time. Those old Hammy's are really great. If you need a service, let me know. I can recommend someone who particularly likes these vintage pieces, and works for a VERY reasonable price.

Dan (A nickname. Did Hamilton make a "Dan"? Didn't think so.)

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you need a service, let me know. I can recommend someone who particularly likes these vintage pieces, and works for a VERY reasonable price.
Thanks for the offer but this one is good. I generally do my own COA now. But this one had just a minor hitch. Now takes off with 2 clicks on the mainspring and is keeping truly remarkable time.

I don't know of a Hamilton "Dan" probably no "Paul" either so saves me hunting one of those down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts