WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local friend saw this picture in a magazine and has fallen for the watch. He asked me for any comments, but Gallet is not a brand I know at all so I thought I would turn to the people who generally find a way to help with such things - WUS. Does anyone have any experience of Gallet or this model in particular? Is it something he will be able to find easily?

Thanks in advance.

Nigel

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
The brand is unknown to me as well, all I can tell for sure is that the watch houses a Valjoux/Eta 7750 movement ;-)

If that watch appeals to your friend, he might be as well interested in the "German Military" brand - a small but very succesful business. The watches are highly configurable you can have all kinds of dials, hands, with or without company logo and such. The owner - Mr. Smirnov - is a nice guy to talk to, and makes the watch the way you want. Prices are also very good. I don't think there is an english website, you might want to check it out nonethelss:

GERMAN MILITARY WATCHES | günstige Flieger Chronographen made in Germany Valjoux 7750 Swiss Made kaufen | Militäruhren made in Germany ETA 2824-2 Swiss Made billig kaufen

cheers

·
Registered
247 Posts
One like this one was sold on 17th August 2013 (ítem number:111141011351). Its case diameter without crown was 40´6 mm instead of the 38 mm that it is written in the Gallet website.The text of the auction said:1975 Gallet Multichron 12 military chronograph.
According to the forums information this chronograph was supplied to the USAF.
Dial: black military dial signed Gallet Automatic, with tachometer scale and date in English.
Case: according to the official Gallet web page is stainless steel with PVD coating.
The diameter of the case is 40´6 mm, without crown.
Movement: Valjoux 7750 automatic chronograph.
You can find more information about this watch in:
Gallet Chronograph Watch -. MultiChron 12 Chronograph

1 - 6 of 6 Posts