WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am so delighted with my NY2300, now with a black leather strap with white stiching! I want to add another Citizen Automatic diver to my collection. This one will actually see some water action!

My questions are:

1. Titanium? I understand this is very lightweight, but it is better than stainless-steel watches?
2. Sand? This watch will spend a lot of time at the beach, and in the sea. Will this be a problem? I don't want to get sand stuck on the bezel or in the crown, could this be a problem?

I have total confidence that it will be a super watch, and if it will be a good choice at the beach - then I will be ordering one very soon! Along with a orange silicone strap!

Thank you!

FR.RYR

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have the NY2300, right now with a Watchadoo on it. A great watch. I also have the titanium NY5400 which I just but a titanium bracelet on. I wouldn.t think twice about wearing them in the watch BUT not for playing in the sand. If you must play in the sand get yourself a Casio G-shock Mudman. Nothing will stop it. Also get the titanium, you'll love it.
Here's the NY5400-LB (blue dial)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply and picture! My main concern is getting sand in the bezel, I won't be playing in the sand! But last summer I wore a Swatch Once Again (not a very good watch!) and one grain of sand got stuck in the tiny gap between the case and the crystal. This was very annoying and ruined the look of the watch.

And I could never get it out! Is there a big enough gap for sand to get in between the crystal and the bezel? Also, on the bezel, is their a big gap for sand to get in between the bezel and case?

And finally, is it uncomfortable with the crown on the left hand side?

Thank you and I really appreicate your help.

FR.RYR

·
Registered
470 Posts
I don't think you sand can get in between the case and the crystal. On the titanium it's less than on the NY2300. Maybe between the bezel and the case but not likely. As for comfort - having the crown at 8 o'clock means it never digs into your wrist. It's a very comfortable watch to wear with any strap or bracelet. The only trouble with the crown at 8 is that sometimes when I put it on I put in on upside down and have to switch it around. I may change watches to often too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your reply, which one is bigger or are they both the same? I hope it won't get sand inside, as this ruins the look! I was thinking for the summer getting a orange silicone strap and afterwards a brown leather one b-)

·
Registered
470 Posts
They are very close to the same size but the titanium wears smaller. I order up a blue rubber Citizen strap for it when I first got it. I've also tried other straps on it but the titanium really makes it look like it's worth a lot more than I paid for it. Here is an old pick of it along side a monster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts