WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Markus (cnmark) was very kind to get me a new stem and crown after I broke mine some time ago.
I'm very thankfull to him, because I hadn't ask him for help in the 1st place, Markus saw my post here and promptly offered his help.
At the time I refused because I had contacted the person from which I had bought the watch, that replied that was going to check if had any spares (after 3 unanswered mails in 3 weeks I gave up).
So now I'm preparing to go shopping for watch tools (never handled a watch before) and I have this doubt of how to release the broken stem, because I might need a tool for that (doubt it, but checking anyway because I don't have a clue).

A big thanks to Markus and thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
First you would need a case back opener and then a small screwdriver (very small) and its usually a 1/4 turn on the screw left of the crown but I could be wrong w/o seeing the movement. (just taking a wild guess sight unseen)

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Before you press the button and remove the stem, how do you tell if the stem should be in the out (setting the time) or in (winding) position?

gigfy

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In my case it's simple, stem is broken and was in normal mode. :)

:thanks all for the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts