WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Could anybody tell me anything about this Roamer? Approximately what year would it have been made? All I know is the Incabloc identifies it as made for the European or Asian market. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
18,167 Posts
A movement pic would help!

Many watches had Incabloc on their dial... I suspect it resulted in a license fee reduction or was a requirement for some licenses. AFAIK it had no relationship to the destination market.

The watch is probably later than 1950 and earlier than 1970. The movement pic will provide more information.

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,634 Posts
trim would be your man for these late Roamers. I would say mid Sixties to early Seventies, and my feeling with those hands is more into the the early 1970's, but dating on these is not my speciality at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick responses. Here is a photo of the movement if that will help.

P1040871.JPG

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,634 Posts
There is quite a lot of similarity of the dial with a watch of mine

R006901.jpg

Peeking out from underneath the balance of yours is what (as on mine) appears to be an ST calibre. Can't recall if it actually shows a calibre number on these or not but I would assume so. I note too that yours is missing a barrel bridge screw - I'm assuming a watchmaker lost this at some point, which doesn't bode well for the quality of any work undertaken.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts