WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Re: A little LED color change...

do you have the picture of the light inside the module ? thanks !

or whatever that you use your sharpie on to change the color ?

Reactions: TRSCP

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

do you have the picture of the light inside the module ? thanks !

or whatever that you use your sharpie on to change the color ?
No Sharpie used here, take another guess! ;)

Little tiny cutie of an LED haha. Two of them on the module, bottom left and right corners.

This is opposed to other modules that use an EL "sheet" for a light source.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts

NICE! good job man, Casio really needs to give us some red back lights, some other colours as well.. sooooooooo tired of that overused blue.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,318 Posts

Very cool mod!

Once again you had the courage! :)

·
Registered
4,477 Posts

No Sharpie used here, take another guess! ;)

Little tiny cutie of an LED haha. Two of them on the module, bottom left and right corners.

This is opposed to other modules that use an EL "sheet" for a light source.
Let me guess, tape?

·
Registered
381 Posts

mahahahahaaan! youre gonna have the whole world freak out yelling fake! when they see this stuff on ebay lolz

very nice work as per usual!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

mahahahahaaan! youre gonna have the whole world freak out yelling fake! when they see this stuff on ebay lolz

very nice work as per usual!
Thanks! People calling fake solely based on light must not know what mods are, haha. Guess that's not my problem though! ;)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Very cool mod!

Once again you had the courage! :)
Too kind! Haha. Idea that's somewhat crossed my mind, but someone planted the seed a little more firmly so I just HAD to try it! :D

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

NICE! good job man, Casio really needs to give us some red back lights, some other colours as well.. sooooooooo tired of that overused blue.
Suppose for them it's the easiest/brightest option, they have no reason to change it unless it was some limited collab. I'll have to perfect this method a little more, then try it on some more watches. Too bad I don't have a positive Rangeman. Will also have to mess with the amber light on GA100's and GA110's

·
Registered
373 Posts

Finally something that deserves to be called mod, not just another strap replacement.

Red makes much more sense. Blue is the most un-ergonomic choice of colours possible.
I've been on the watch for a used gd-350 for a while now. Were I to find one, this posting will encourage me further to do some work on it myself.

TRSCP would you please be so kind to give some specs of the LEDs? Reflow SMD, it appears you did well with an iron.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Finally something that deserves to be called mod, not just another strap replacement.

Red makes much more sense. Blue is the most un-ergonomic choice of colours possible.
I've been on the watch for a used gd-350 for a while now. Were I to find one, this posting will encourage me further to do some work on it myself.

TRSCP would you please be so kind to give some specs of the LEDs? Reflow SMD, it appears you did well with an iron.
Ummmmm.....the LEDs are white...? I didn't take them off :( haha. No soldering. I wish I had a better iron and access to parts though... :S

·
Registered
381 Posts

Thanks! People calling fake solely based on light must not know what mods are, haha. Guess that's not my problem though! ;)
because that is a very unusual and cool mod and most people who know g-shocks know what color backlights go with which model the wrong color is a good sign its a fake
they are going to need the trscp certificate of authenticity!

·
Registered
7,752 Posts

because that is a very unusual and cool mod and most people who know g-shocks know what color backlights go with which model the wrong color is a good sign its a fake
they are going to need the trscp certificate of authenticity!
gotta completely disagree on that call. i wouldnt have a clue what most of my backlights look like since i rarely use them. its also prob one of the last things anyone would consider when checking authenticity because theres always far more obvious tell tales that debunk a fake long before you get to the backlight

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

gotta completely disagree on that call. i wouldnt have a clue what most of my backlights look like since i rarely use them. its also prob one of the last things anyone would consider when checking authenticity because theres always far more obvious tell tales that debunk a fake long before you get to the backlight
I think I had mentioned that earlier, haha. But yeah, basically if someone's looking at my watch for sale (Not that I have any for sale...yet!) and I /didn't/ note that I had changed the backlight color, they might ask a quick question, but I don't think it's a strong enough presence to write it off as a fake. If you've got the "eye" you'll be able to tell it's a genuine watch, if that makes sense. Fakes aren't at a level yet where you can pass them as real. There's a few that get somewhat close, but a second glance gives them away.

I wonder what will happen when I do this mod on my negative GD-400? :D Guess we'll find out later!

·
Registered
381 Posts

i seem to remember reading a few posts on this forum where somebody posted a picture of a fake g-shock with the backlight on and people said its a fake because thats not the right backlight color and i think there are serious collector people who do know what colors were available its just like knowing anything else about something collectible you might be interested in buying

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I still like the green color mod on my GD-350 best:
Nice! I was planning on trying out a few other colors but sticking with the red for now, other projects came up XD (How it always goes for me...:S )

1 - 20 of 36 Posts