WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A GW-5500 on a NATO strap.

The strap really isn't quite wide enough aesthetically speaking. I think it'd be better if the bits where the strap joins the watch had some sort of tapering piece, like the top of the supplied resin band.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
What width is the strap? I mainly use 24mm for G's as the cases are usually wide. I see you used a 4-ring, which means you're only using the springbars. Try using a 3-ring and the adapters. It's a little more $, but the adapters do act as a taper. Here's a shot of my Gulfman on a 24mm gray Zulu with adapters for reference:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What width is the strap? I mainly use 24mm for G's as the cases are usually wide. I see you used a 4-ring, which means you're only using the springbars. Try using a 3-ring and the adapters. It's a little more $, but the adapters do act as a taper.
There ain't no adapters for the GW-5500!

I'm using a 24mm strap, but I had to cut it so that it could fit under the spring bars.

Also, I haven't worked out the best way to keep the case secure. The resin-strap screws are an integral part of the case mechanism, and without the resin strap, the screws just stick out of the case a bit too much. Very odd looking then!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I also think it is not a good match (the case is too wide for the strap). there is only one way to find out if it works, just try it. I like the compas on the strap;-),
Yeah, I don't think I'll keep it like this. It was a fun experiment to try, though, especially as it's a spare GW-5500 so I didn't need to touch my main stealthy watch.

I always wear a compass on the strap if I'm not wearing a Pathfinder. I actually prefer the strap compass in a way, because you can see direction without pushing a button. Just a subtle glance is all you need. Very useful when emerging from the subway at an unfamiliar station.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
There ain't no adapters for the GW-5500!

I'm using a 24mm strap, but I had to cut it so that it could fit under the spring bars.

Also, I haven't worked out the best way to keep the case secure. The resin-strap screws are an integral part of the case mechanism, and without the resin strap, the screws just stick out of the case a bit too much. Very odd looking then!
I was told there were no adapters for the Gulfman...and you can see how far that went :-!.

I'm not familiar with the 5500, could you take a pic of the strap/springbar area? For personal knowledge, I'd like to see if there is a modification that could be done to the adapters.

I wonder if caseback screws are the same thread as the resin strap screws you're talking about. Might be worth a shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts