WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
9,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The question was asked a few days ago on the Pil-Mil about how much radiation was present in a radium or tritium coated dial. In the process of gathering info I came across this site. Speachless I was :-D ! Shocked! What some people get up to in their back yards.. got to get me one of those tesla coils.

Thought this might spark off a good discussion..

http://tesladownunder.iinet.net.au/index.html

·
Registered
60 Posts
A guy at my old job (Kinda looked like a mad scientist) tried to capture his tesla coil he made in the kitchen, with an old 35 mm camera. Not thinking the camera was mainly metal, the coil arc'd to his camera and shot him across the room, into his refridgerator. Man I wish someone would have shot that video.

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
17,244 Posts
G M Fude said:
Some Aussies are crazy tinkerers. Although, I wish I lived next door to this guy; sounds kinda like fun...
Until he burns his house down and maybe yours along with it. :think: I do have to admit the entertainment value would certainly be high before the fire... :-D
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Hi Ron,
Until he burns his house down and maybe yours along with it. :think: I do have to admit the entertainment value would certainly be high before the fire... :-D
I wonder what your insurance agent would have to say about that :-D

Some of these experiments make nice props for a watch-picture but it looks a bit dangerous with those high magnetic field strengths :roll:

Kind regards,

Cinq

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.