WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something silly that Cee Tee sent me:

In case you really need to advertise your WISness when you have to dress up next time. I wonder if the versions with crowns actually wind up and tick a bit. Seems a shame to abuse some antique movements like this, but maybe they were deemed unfixable. :think:
Watch Cufflinks | Cool Material

mail.jpeg

Reactions: cheapie

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I see those on the Bay occasionally, usually using Omega movements. I'd assume that not only were they in bad running shape, but the compact design no longer really lends itself to the fashion of today. You can probably get more for them as cufflinks than as replacement movements for models that no one is interested in restoring.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see those on the Bay occasionally, usually using Omega movements. I'd assume that not only were they in bad running shape, but the compact design no longer really lends itself to the fashion of today. You can probably get more for them as cufflinks than as replacement movements for models that no one is interested in restoring.
Well, that's an interesting point. I think these are women's watch movements; because I have refurbished a few for Mrs. Skywatch and they are beautiful works of miniaturization. The giant watch trend has left these tiny marvels unwanted. Women mostly go for quartz (much easier to miniaturize, for sure.) I feel a bit sad about these mechanical beauties getting repurposed, but then again, they make pretty cool cufflinks. (I think I wear cufflinks about once a year, when there's a tuxedo involved...)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts