WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the usual... Damasko, Nomos, Sinn, Stowa or Tutima (I think that covers ~95% of 'em).

Okay guys... I have finally gotten the chance to pull the trigger on my newest acquisition, a Deutsch that is also a Flieger design. I am not a particular fan of the Fliegers (only having a couple other Russians), but this one just grabbed me. Who knows, maybe I will jump on this band wagon now?

Here's how it all played out:

Several months ago I was watching one of the many car shows I like on the tube. I record them all and play back with no commercials, etc. I see an episode of one where they are showing a few classic cars doing some Rallying (sp?). The shot moves to the inside of the cockpit of one car and I see a set of the most beautiful Rallye Gauges I have seen in a while. I stop, rewind, playback in slow-mo, rewind, playback, etc., several times and am finally able to freeze it on a close-up of the gauges and read the name.

I immediately jump on the 'ol interwebs to see what I can find out. Of course, I find a web site, and start reading thru it. The site is all in German, so a little tough going. Then I spot it... he also builds wristwatches! I bookmark it and keep returning to drool a little more, as the funds weren't there at that particular moment. Now that the dollar is a bunch stronger... Fast forward (in time), and I come up with a little extra 'play money' and go to bring up the site... and it is GONE! My heart stops for a few seconds (you know how we are?). I track down the gentleman's email address and we start emailing. I am trying to remember the different models he had listed and we finally get to what I want with some modifications and several emails going back and forth. He is the most patient individual I have ever dealt with... I guess you would just have to know me.

I wasn't sure about the Stirling Moss bracelet (one he still wears to this day), but after trying it on and wearing it around the house for awhile... I think I am really digging it! I'll have to switch it over to the black leather with Rallye holes, that it came with originally, to see if I like it better (I optioned to have the Stirling Bracelet installed). May even look for a Black leather with red stitching... hmmmnn. I've had to put this post off for a week till I finally received it from Germany/DHL (one week... not bad!). It's been killing me since I first saw it, several months ago.

So, without further ado, I present the little known German - Herr RundenMeister Mechanik Fliegeruhr ...

(Sorry, just noticed the dust... grrr!)

He included a nice brochure covering his products, warranty, personal cards and even a cool pen!!

Sorry to repeat this post, as I am going to plaster it all over, since I have not seen another on the forums.

Thanx for your patience guys and hope you have enjoyed it even a fraction of what I have.

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx, Man!

·
Premium Member
8,607 Posts
Very neat... I really like the sub-dial.

But that bracelet has got to go!! Not so much for the style, exactly. I could see an open bracelet similar to that working with the watch. But that looks like it wasn't actually meant for that watch body.

Reactions: Tseg

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
Wow, very interesting stuff. I am gonna go check it out myself. Congratulations!

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I am old enough to remember when that syle of bracelet was popular! Not something for everyday wear but cool to have for when you want to strut your funky '60's stuff!

Nice watch - like the dial !

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
The watch is beautiful! The jury is still out on the bracelet... I think a thick mesh would look great with it.

Enjoy it and thank you for sharing... :-!

·
Registered
15,919 Posts
That's cool! Love that kind of look . . .

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Damn sweet - the watch, the bracelet (unusual watches deserve unusual bracelets!) and the story as well.

·
Registered
687 Posts
That's a really interesting bracelet.

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
What are these kind of bracelets called? Wouldn't mind looking/trying one sometime, but no idea where to find any (at least that aren't attached to very old used watches on ebay)...

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No idea what they're called..., just like 'em!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Does he do special pieces? And does he have a new website?

This is what I got visiting the website:
"After a forced close-down of the old shop by the provider it will take some time to re-design my site. I am sorry for any inconvenience. To all my clients: My products are still available, please contact me by sending your e-mail to [email protected]"

RundenMeister - Mechanical Watches

1 - 20 of 27 Posts