WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was researching the Mido Baroncelli Gent II (M8600.4.26.8) a few months ago, I kept coming across conflicting information on the web about the color of the dial. Some said white, some said silver. I asked here but no one owned this particular model. So I did what any self-respecting WIS would do and just bought the darn thing. For the record, the dial is white.

The stats:
38mm diameter; 9.5mm thick
Stainless Steel
2824-2
Sapphire crystal
WR 50m w/Aquadura crown sealing

Not bad for less than $500. I got this from Arizona Fine Time. Not only did they quote me the best price (by far) of all of the dealers I contacted, but they also are a Mido AD and they advertise here. They had to order the watch from Switzerland, and because it took longer than Mido originally anticipated to deliver the watch (about 2 months), they thew in a Mido duffel bag to thank me for my patience.

Now for the photos:

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Congratulations! I like the Baroncelli a lot, very elegant timepiece. Really nice photographs as well. Mido makes a great watch and I'm absolutely thrilled about my Belluna (got that less than a month back).

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
:-!, Mido makes a great watch

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
That is a great looking watch! Mido is fast becoming the new Movado.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Terrific watch!

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Thats an insult for sure...;) to Mido that is.
Not at all. There's been a lot more buzz around Mido on WUS in the last couple of months.

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,045 Posts
My Mido always feels special to me. Beautifully built, period.

·
Premium Member
4,880 Posts
Great looking watch. I really like the hands. Mido has some really nice designs and are a great value. Enjoy your watch!

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Not at all. There's been a lot more buzz around Mido on WUS in the last couple of months.
My point was Mido is much better than Movado. So being the new "Movado" would be an insult to Mido IMO as Mido is far superior to Movado...I think you miss read my post. Either way we are the same page about Mido, moving on. :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Great watch. I don't see too many of the modern Mido's around which is too bad - they have some great designs.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, a dealer should be able to offer this model for less than 500? :think:

(It looks terrific!)
Thanks. MSRP for this model is $680. I got a list of ADs in the US from Mido's webpage and emailed a bunch of them for a quote. Of those that responded, one quoted me MSRP, one quoted me $495 and one quoted me $460 (with free shipping).

I'm guessing (though I don't know) that the ADs can buy these watches for about half of MSRP. So even at $460, I imagine the AD still made a nice profit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts