WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be gauche for Omega to make Juan Martin del Potro an Omega "Ambassador" at this point?

Roger Federer, who appears in much Rolex advertising, is no doubt a classy competitor!

But if you really wanted to go "head to head" with Rolex . . . hmmmmmm!!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Little too early for Juan at this point. It would seem highly petty and suspicious to me if Omega did that right now. I think Omega should stick to timing/racing sports like swimming, auto racing, etc. I know Phelps has had a rough year but Omega should play up the 1/100 sec. victory he had at the Olympics (timed by Omega) from now until armageddon.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Before googling I never heard of him. Granted I'm not an avid tennis fan, although I do like watching Wimbledon. Maybe I'm in the minority, but if I were Omega wouldn't you want to go after someone more well known? Then again, if I were Omega I would have hired someone to do this for me :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Would it be gauche for Omega to make Juan Martin del Potro an Omega "Ambassador" at this point?
Well...If you ask me, I have better idea from sports:

Why not her? Jelena Isinbajeva from Omega pages. But of cource this is a question of opinion, but Jelena posing with PO or Speedy against Mr. del Potro. :think: Hmm..let me think...this is quite hard.

Ok. One vote for Jelena. |>

Propably gentleman behind her is thinking same. :-d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts