WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local Omega retailer today to try on the PO. He told me that there is a new PO coming out. Something about a far stronger bezel or case. Suppose to as tough/hard as titanium but will not scratch like titanium.
Any insight?

·
6,880 Posts
Search for Liquid Metal PO.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
It's the new Liquid Metal PO and it is already out. Omega is limiting its distribution at the moment with Omega boutiques having priority.

Fr. John†

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I goggled it and I just don't know. Looks like a Rolex. I need to see actual photos of the watch and not a studio shot. Preferably wrist shots.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Here is a real world side-by-side shot care of Rippin:

Image by Rippin

·
Registered
880 Posts
Which one is the Liquid metal and what are the differences between the two?
The left one is the LM. It has a ceramic bezel, glossy dial, applied "OMEGA" text on the dial, red "Seamaster" text on the dial, applied 6-9-12 hour markers, different case back, white lume. Same movement, same case, same bracelet. Limited to 1948 pieces, only available in 42mm case diameter.

I'm not sure about the price though. At first rumours suggested MSRP US$6800, but then I've heard about US$4900. I think it worth $1000 over the regular PO, but not more. I wish it had a display back, and of course 8500 movement. I guess in 2011 or 2012 we'll see those things to roll out in a form of another PO Limited Edition...

Link to Omega's website:

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/planet-ocean/22230422001001

·
Registered
880 Posts
Applied letters and ceramic bezel worth a grand? Hmmm, for me personally...negative.
Ceramic bezels are quite expensive to manufacture. Probably not $1000 expensive, but not as cheap as classic aluminum bezel inserts.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Thats a nice side by side - thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts